More help needed I'm afraid.

Completely out of the bue tonight I tried to fly a couple of jobs and received this error.

FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #9: FSUIPC_ERR_NOTOPEN. The connection to FSUIPC is not open.

I've never had this before and I was only flying AH last night - the only thing I've done today was update the Catalyst Control Centre software to the lastest version though I can't see how that's related to AH, FSUIPC and FSX.

Any suggestions?

It looks like this is going to cost me AH money and reputation :(

EDIT

This is worse than I thought I can't start FSX at all never mind via AH

More help needed I'm afraid.

Completely out of the bue tonight I tried to fly a couple of jobs and received this error.

FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #9: FSUIPC_ERR_NOTOPEN. The connection to FSUIPC is not open.

I've never had this before and I was only flying AH last night - the only thing I've done today was update the Catalyst Control Centre software to the lastest version though I can't see how that's related to AH, FSUIPC and FSX.

Any suggestions?

It looks like this is going to cost me AH money and reputation :(

EDIT

This is worse than I thought I can't start FSX at all never mind via AH

Thread on another forum were a guy had the same message http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?t=925&sid=cb9bf2293973f135c35cba11c72bc856

Hope that helps...Graham...

Thanks for trying to help Graham but everything was working absolutely fine yesterday. I flew a couple of Air Hauler trips, played some Arma last night and all was working great.

Everything else on my PC is working fine all other programs are working. I've rolled back the Catalyst Control Centre but that's not made any difference. I'd googled the error message from Air Hauler and came up with the same link but it leads nowhere I'm afraid. I've tried with and without the other PC switched on and no difference either.

I try to run FSX I get a little whirling cursor for a scond as normal then a little flash of the screen as if it's going to load as normal and then nothing. No error messages - nothing!!!!!

In Air Hauler all is well until it tries to open FSX then nothing - if i try to connect to fsx I get the error.

I suspect that this post is now in the wrong place as I think the FSUIPC error message is only becasue AH didn't connect to FSX in the first place.

FSX just simply will not run and I haven't a clue - there's nothing to go on - it just doesn't start.

Thanks again for trying to help though - so frustrating when I've had FSX running great again, nice and smooth witn no problems and now this from out of the blue :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Sorry to hear this m8y :( hope you can get this sorted out soon?.

Have you tried to uninstall FSUIPC and then try to start up FSX yet???

Also, is your second HD, the one with FSX on it working ok?

Cheer's...Graham...

PS: Get the hell on to TE TS3 so we can talk about this man to man :P

Sorry to hear this m8y, hope you can get this sorted out soon?.

Have you tried to uninstall FSUIPC and then try to start up FSX yet???

Also, is your second HD, the one with FSX on it working ok?

Cheer's...Graham...

Yes to both but makes no difference.

I've just tried running FTX Central and I'm getting an error saying "D:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Don't know what's going on :stars:

Again it was working fine yesterday.

I hope this isn't a dumb schoolboy error - then again I do - that way I can get back to some flying :mellow:

Shot in the dark, you are set for FTX regions North America I guess? and FSX is trying to load with an PNW airport? try running the PNW patches again to see if thats the problem. also turn off the silly REX weather engine :( .

I had the FTXCentral go funny on me once! where it would only flash up for a second and then not start, although it never caused FSX not to start in my case, but running the latest patch again fixed the FTXCentral bug for me.

Cheer's...Graham...

Drawing on a recent experience in FS9 on someone else's machine...

Find FSX.cfg. It's not in the FSX folder but in a folder far, far away. Open it with notepad and find a line that begins with "SITUATION=" . Delete that line or comment it out by putting a semicolon at the beginning of the line. See if FSX will start then.

This is a shot in the dark and may not help at all, but it's easy enough to do and is worth a try.

John

EDIT: Be sure to save after editing the file - it seems obvious, but it's an easy step to miss, says the voice of experience.

JDA

EDIT: Be sure to save after editing the file - it seems obvious, but it's an easy step to miss, says the voice of experience.

JDA

Don't worry John, I have a copy of Sabre's FSX.cfg file saved on my PC, I keep it here for times when he has been playing around and SCREWED UP HIS SOFTWARE ;) .

BTW: Graeme, do you want me to send your FSX.cfg over to you? it's about 2 months old, if I remember rightly :) .

Cheer's...Graham...

Find FSX.cfg. It's not in the FSX folder but in a folder far, far away. Open it with notepad and find a line that begins with "SITUATION=" . Delete that line or comment it out by putting a semicolon at the beginning of the line. See if FSX will start then.

This is a shot in the dark and may not help at all, but it's easy enough to do and is worth a try.

John

JDA

Thanks John - tried it but to no avail I'm afraid.

I've posted over at the FTX forum about the error message with FTX Central - but I suspect it's something with FSX though I have to say I'm clueless as to what at present.

Thanks anyway

Don't worry John, I have a copy of Sabre's FSX.cfg file saved on my PC, I keep it here for times when he has been playing around and SCREWED UP HIS SOFTWARE ;) .

BTW: Graeme, do you want me to send your FSX.cfg over to you? it's about 2 months old, if I remember rightly :) .

Cheer's...Graham...

No worries Graham I have several fsx.cfg's backed up safely out of the way. I've even tried deleting the fsx.cfg and letting it create a brand new one but FSX still won't start.

EDIT

I've even got the same win32 error when I try opening Traffic X control!! - somethings gone horribly wrong somewhere

Cheer's...Graham...

No worries Graham I have several fsx.cfg's backed up safely out of the way. I've even tried deleting the fsx.cfg and letting it create a brand new one but FSX still won't start.

EDIT

I've even got the same win32 error when I tr opening Traffic X control!! - somethings gone horribly wrong somewhere

Ok buddy, I have uploaded your cfg to the TE TS3 flight sim files upload bit if you ever need it, also put my working one in (from today) as well, so you can use it to compare and see if anything fishy is up with yours ;) .

Cheer's...Graham...

Could be a problem with one of the .NET Framework packages. Not sure if it's version 4 or 3.5 that's needed, or an even older version.

Airhauler needs version 2, but since AH works fine until you connect to FSX my guess would be a later version than that.

Try downloading an reinstalling them from MS.

I'm not 100% sure on that one John.. it isn't specified in the System Reqirements, but it could be worth trying.

My inital thought was that the specified default plane could need it, but I see now that you suggested deleting the SITUATION part in FSX.cfg.

FSX needs Net Framework to run by itself? I didn't know that.

John

I didn't know that either! Come to think of it though why should it need Net Framework to run standalone?

I can't for the life of me think what would have caused this change. It's as if something is effecting anything that resides in the FSX root.

I've managed to clear the Win 32 application error on the Orbx Control Centre but still have the same error on the Traffic X control manager. The puzzle is there are no error messages displayed at all from FSX. The errors I've mentioned here come from third party applications trying to use FSX so it seems something weird has happened.

I've played it over and over and cannot think what would have caused it. I haven't had any crashes either FSX or PC, as mentioned earlier the only thing I've changed was to update Catlyst Control Centre but rolling that back didn't make any difference.

So frustrating - I'm desperately trying to avoid uninstalling - I fear I'd never get it working again :stars:

I'm not 100% sure on that one John.. it isn't specified in the System Reqirements, but it could be worth trying.

My inital thought was that the specified default plane could need it, but I see now that you suggested deleting the SITUATION part in FSX.cfg.

Thanks for trying - anything is worth a try. My frustration is for something that is supposed to work on logic this whole mess is completely illogical.

Thanks anyway

Graeme

If FSX needs DNF, it can only be 2.0 -- it predates anything later.

But a lot of addons definitely do need DNF in one flavour or another -- AH uses 2.0, Orbx use 3.5, Plan-G uses 4.0...

And don't make the mistake of thinking that if you install 4.0, you'll be good for the others: If it needs 2.0, it needs 2.0, regardless of what other versions you also have installed.

If FSX needs DNF, it can only be 2.0 -- it predates anything later.

But a lot of addons definitely do need DNF in one flavour or another -- AH uses 2.0, Orbx use 3.5, Plan-G uses 4.0...

And don't make the mistake of thinking that if you install 4.0, you'll be good for the others: If it needs 2.0, it needs 2.0, regardless of what other versions you also have installed.

Thanks Tim

That's what is so puzzling I have and use the three things you mention and all work without problems. FSX and all three of these addons you mention all worked fine on Sunday evening - only FSX has stopped working.

Any technical boffins out there

Windows is logging the following error every time I try to start FSX

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0029dfde

Faulting process id: 0xdd4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cce5cb399fac57

Faulting application path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe

Report Id: 78a7c01f-51be-11e1-83f8-002215917dd9

Does this stuff mean anything to anybody??? :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

my advice is to delete fsx.cfg start fsx and let it remake the .cfg file, however I did have this same problem some years ago when fsx was new but i am dammed if i cn remember how i got over it, if deleting the cfg file doesnt help i would look at my .tmp files and delete all them and go from there