iPad and PDF Charts

Hello All

I was very lucky this weekend to be given an iPad 2. It is an amazing bit of kit and I would like to use it with fs9. Can PDF files be transferred from a pc to the iPad?

Through my VA I managed to view some charts for EIDW via IVAO Ireland and it was great. I have loads of charts on my pc and would love some of them on my iPad.

Any help is always appreciated! :D

Colin

Yep you can view pdf's on your iPad, There is a free app, basically if you can put the pdf in a place obtainable by a url, either local or otherwise, you can download it and display it on your iPad 2

Just browse the App Store, you will find it.

Yes they can. It's really easy. All you need is iTunes installed on your pc.

Open iTunes, go to the menu and select 'add file to library', browse and select the pdf files that you want.

Plug the iPad into the pc. Sync it up. You can then view the pdf's using iBooks (which is free). It works great. i do it all the time.

Then I can reference the charts on the iPad while I fly FSX on the pc.

It's also useful for loading the pdf manuals from various aircraft so they can be referenced while flying or programming your FMC.

Enjoy your new toy!

You can use iBooks, which is built in, or any number of pdf readers from the app store. For transferring them, use iTunes, or some will also let you use Dropbox, or you can even email them to yourself as attachments...