Hi Guys

I have had this for a while and have not been able to start her from a cold and dark state EVER!!! I have folloowed the manual and still no joy....

So far I have done the following...

- Turned the battery on and power comes on just fine

- Turned avionics switch on and power comes on

- Put the nozzle position to 80

- Turn Fuel Pump on (hear the clicking sound)

- Lift the starter guard and turned that on

The engine spools up to 10% RPM but does not ignite?

The only piece of the puzzle missing from my steps that is detailed in the manual is the following line... 'Grasp the mix-cut switch and pull it to 100%

open position.'

I do not know where the mix-cut switch is located as it is not loabelled in the manual; is it the lever between the nozzle and throttle levers? I have tried putting this fully forward and fully back and still no change.

Please help because I love flying this plane but until now I have had to use the cheat 'Ctrl+E' to start it :(

Thanks,

Jim

Jim, load a flight with the default cessna 172, let it load and then save and exit. (make sure you check the box to make it the default flight that FSX loads at start up).

Then Switch the 172 for the Harrier and see if it will start up then?

I had a lot of trouble starting turboprops and jets untill I tried that, it works for me but is far from perfect, ;) .

Cheer's...Graham...

Yeah I've done that and don't have any issues with other planes!

The only thing that I can see is a switch that moves but ive tried flicking it on start and no difference! So something is not right!

I guess ill keep trying!

I know the 757 (completely different and by Captain Sim) requires that when the engine starts to spool up, the fuel valve needs to be opened. Maybe try this (I haven't got the Harrier so can't test)

• Battery - ON
  • Avionics - ON
  • Throttle - Slightly open
  • Nozzles - 80 deg
  • Starter switch - ON
  • Once up to the max N1/N2, open the fuel valve

That *might* work

I know the 757 (completely different and by Captain Sim) requires that when the engine starts to spool up, the fuel valve needs to be opened. Maybe try this (I haven't got the Harrier so can't test)

• Battery - ON
  • Avionics - ON
  • Throttle - Slightly open
  • Nozzles - 80 deg
  • Starter switch - ON
  • Once up to the max N1/N2, open the fuel valve

That *might* work

That is pretty much what I have been doing - I will keep trying - its not a big issue as I will ctrl+e until I work it :)

Ok so I figured it out today! Wen I load up the cessna the fuel selector says 'both' - if I try start engine it doesn't fire up!

So I toggle this off and back to 'both' again - tried again and it starts! So even tho the selector was on both it was actually off!

Going back to the harrier - there is a fuel tank selector knob - changing this to one of the tanks and trying again it fired up just fine :)

I'm so happy this is resolved!

Thanks to all that suggested things all helpful!

Jim