I've been having some issues with EzDok that I've so far failed to sort out. I tried over on the official forum, but got little response really, so I figured I'd try here.

The problem is as follows.

When I start FSX the EzDok window shows up in the windows taskbar, but once I've set up my flight and launch it EzDok has shut itself down. The EzDok studio is also missing in the Add-ons menu in FSX.

I've checked the Windows logs and can find no error messages logged there, and there's no error message presented on-screen when the progam shut's itself down.

I've so far tried to uninstall and reinstall EzDok, and for some strange reason it seems to work with version 1.15 (the installation file I downloaded on purchase) but when I apply the 1.17 patch the problem returns.

When I uninstalled EzDok I choose to keep my personal settings located somewhere in my user profile since I can't access the program to backup my camera settings, so I guess the issue could be with one of the cameras I set up for the KCFS SeaBee the last time EzDok worked properly, but it feels strange that something created from the program itself should give me problems, especially when flying a different aircraft.

So, any thouhgts on this, or should I just take the plunge and reinstall my computer (I have been meaning to do so for quite sometime now anyway).

Hey Micke,

EzDok stopped working for me a few days ago, it didn't show up on the task bar or Addons Menu any more.

I have just run the EZCA config.exe and it's everything is working again with out any reinstall.

Well, today it became very clear what the problem was..

Avast! anti-virus suddenly popped up and told me EZCA.exe was a "suspicious file" that it had decided to turn off after doing a sandbox test-run of it...

After a stern telling of to Avast! to leave EZCA.exe alone, and not throw it in the sandbox all looks like it's running as it should.

I can swear that I didn't see that Avast! pop-up the previous time though... but at least it works again.