@Dai - does that mean I get a promotion in the MEBAR team (from Pilot Officer to Flight Lieutenant)? :P

Looks like you're tempoarily promoted to Acting Squadron Leader, Chuck - you look after tha 'A' Team and I'll organise the Old Lags 'Bees'... :whis:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Honestly, it was really only a spare engine in case one of the others failed. Haven't you seen a 747 flying with a 5th engine (spare) in the real world. It does look rather odd.

Anyway, the 'Dak' does me fine.

Cheers

Andrew

Hang on, how did I get signed up? I didn't sign up!

My apolgies, Tim I misconstrued your interest. Will you be flying with the CIX Team?

@ Kieran: Looks like we have more recruiting to do!

Dai,

Can we just call ourselves the B Team rather than the Professionals, there are pilots on the A Team that are far more professional than me! (Remember the GAAR?!)

And let's also "...remember the Alamo...".

But whatever you do, no matter what, never, ever mention the war!!!

On a more serious note, I can fly multiple legs and / or on multiple teams if the numbers require it.

Cheers

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Time passes... I apologise for not posting this update sooner. :th_blush:

O.K., 'B Team' (ex Professionals) - Andrew and I have completed our Test Flights in the DC-3. Andrew's time = 17.28 min and mine was 20.38 min.

So, Joe and Rob, can you fly the Test Flight and aim at a TAS of around 135 to 140 knots, please? Post your Time as well, please! :thum:

We need a 5th Team member, so, please post here if you'd like to join. Otherwise, one of us will do an extra leg.

Hope that's O.K. - apologies again for my tardiness...

I'm flying on Team A with Kieran and Richard. Just wanted to wish everyone on both teams Good Luck and to enjoy a safe trip.

Both teams are flying the DC-3 and it will be interesting to see how the things will workout in the end. I did hear a whisper about a Mutley Hanger "2012 Duel of the Dak's" but did my best to squash it, reminding the person that this is just a friendly rally with no competition involved. ;):)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this is so late but I really wanted to add this here.

This was a great rally this year. :thum: Team "A" from Mutley's Hanger did a great job flying as a team and I was happy to be part it. A big thanks :thanks: to Keiran and Rob for all there help with my many questions. A super big thanks :salute: go out to all the organizers that make this rally the fun time it is. I'm already looking forward to next years. :)

BTW I guess the youngsters did pretty good keeping up with the "B" team's seasoned veterans, ay? :winka:

Congratulations to Team-Mutley 'A' - Well Done, Lads - you certainly pulled the stops out! :thum:

I'm sure the 'B' Team will reflect on their performanc and come out fighting next time...

And a Big Thank You to Joe and Andrew for all the organising! (Hey, weren't they in the 'B' Team?!? - Ed). :clapping:

CHeers - Dai. :cool:

Congrats to both teams on a job well done, hopefully I will have some more spare time next time round so I can join in...

at least I managed to finish my own entry, with an hour to spare..