Problems in leg1 (crashing)

hey there,...its great to have the opportunity to fly this race after my participation at the GAAR for 5 years by now ( thanks Andrew to announce this race) :)

but: :(

when I fly leg 1 then I always crash about 2 miles east of Essex

the FSX tells me :" you hit a building" !?!?!?!?!?!

but in about 3500 feet there are NO buildings!!!!

I tried with different aircrafts,...always the same.... when I approach EGSX my Flightsim stops: "you hit a building" :stars:

what I see additional is that the framerate starts to get slow in advance of this problem....at about London I see that the pictures start to get sort of slow, but this never was a problem so far....when I left the dense areas this stopped and I never before crashed with a building in 3500 feet above ground..... kind of weird..... :wacko2:

do you know what kind of problem this could be????

thank you so much for your help

Thom

okay thats what I try next....

no, I do not use addons on this area,....but I do a lot in Australia,..... and I never had this problem before....

I thought it has to do with my aircraft, cause I use a new one for this rally, but I tried different ones and it occured too....

I had some problems with aircrafts accross the United Kingdom before,...but never "hitting a building " in the blue skies....

and btw: you do a very good job here!

I will let you know asap

thanks!

Thom

It sure sounds like a piece of scenery with a problem. Unlikely it's the aircraft.

Please do let us know what you find - it could have implications for others flying the MEBAR.

John

Thom,

Good to have you join us for the MEBAR.

There are some known problems with 'invisible building' crashes in FSX, even without add-on scenery. I have encountered some in different parts of the world. It sounds like you may have found another one.

As John suggested, the only way to fix this is selecting 'Ignore crashes and damage' under the Realism Settings in FSX.

Cheers

Andrew

Hello again,

I've found the solution with your help: :D

I flew about a dozen times with different aircrafts....so it is definately NOT the aircraft, cause all of them crashed about the same place

I found out that from London on , and the more you proceed to Essex the more I get slow frame rates on my PC, the pics are like loading one by one........... and then the surprise:

I set up " IGNORE CRASHES AND DAMAGE" as you recommendet......so I could pass Essex WITHOUT hitting a building and

suddenly I crossed some sort of military airfield which is NOT mentioned on flight plans or on area charts.... its about 10 miles north from Essex and you can see different runways and military equipement......AND: THIS PLACE slows down my frame rate extremely, to nearly zero.......so this might cause the abnormal crashes......

even when I flew more to the north and frame rate increased to normal and when I just looked back the framerate slowed down....just by looking back.....

would be interesting if someone knew the name of this area and why there is so high density of information ?!?!?!?

ANYWAY, LET ME THANK YOU FOR THE EASY SOLVING OF MY "CRASH PROBLEM" ( just by selecting 'Ignore crashes and damage' under the Realism Settings )

btw: I did not expect the density of airfields in the UK;....after flying the GAARs in Aussieland this is a little strange to be "supervised" the whole flight...... :thum:

I'm wondering if I am having a similar issue, have tried to fly leg 1 twice now, but when I get about 15 miles from Lowestoft my FSX comes to a stop then about 15 seconds later throws up a fatal error and restarts. I've yet to try different altitude and routing, I may have to bite the bullet on this leg and try flying direct rather than via the coast on the last bit of leg 1. For info, I was in default Beech Baron and at 3500ft at the time. Will try higher next, much higher, and will turn all sliders right down to minimum too in case it is trying to load too much as it passes that area. I have no addon scenery in that vicinity that I am aware of, and have no issues from the addon EGSS scenery nearby when doing the touch and go.