For this year's MEBAR, Mutley's Hangar will be entering 2 Teams for the Easter Bunny Air Rally.

The 'A' Team, under the guidance of Kieran, needs 2 more members. If you've not taken part in one of Andrew's Rallies before then this would be a great opportunity to find out how things work. You'll have other team members to advise you on route planning, timing, and so on - so, if you're not sure how to go about things, it's a very good way of getting your feet wet, as it were.

Why not apply for one of the vacant slots? Just post a reply to this thread and Kieran and I will assist in any way we can.

Thanks! :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Similar. You can either PM me your choice of flight (if you want to be in my team, that is!) and we'll sort it out between oursleves (myself and Brett currently, with and additions)

The navigation part is different, with you having to fly a specific routing (as detailed in the Flight Briefings), and the team will use one aircraft between them.

Any questions, please post!

I have only flown in a few rallys and was nervous the first time around. It was a new experiance flying from one airport to the next within a fixed time. Flight planning was now not just a line on the GPS but has turned into a path in which now included Time-Speed and Distance. I'm glad I did it. I felt like more of a pilot and have since joined Bluegrass Airlines and plot my own courses and try to fly within the flight plan time that is suggested.(A big thanks to Andrew Godden for all his guidence) Take the plunge and join in, It will add a whole new level to your sim experiance and you can only hope you don't get hooked on it like I did.

Thanks, Brett! I had much the same introduction to rallies with Andrew's GAAR last year. It was a bit of a steep learning curve to start with, but well worth it.

I find the challenge of flight planning and trying to follow the plan without GPS has really made the sim so much more immersive and enjoyable. Like you, I'm indebted to young Andrew for this... :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Hi Dia,

It was that, a learning curve. Now I prep everything before hand. Flight plans(PlanG of course) for the legs are all done at the same time and saved/named Leg 1,2..so they are easy to find when loading the flights.

I set up the flights including aircraft, nav radios, trim, heading bug, fuel, payload and so on. I then have a folder on my desktop with all the approach plates and rally info.