FSX Demo of Rescue Pilot and competition

Rich has announced a new demo of the excellent rescue pilot over on JF here- http://forum.justflight.com/forum/topic ... C_ID=29011

Also, a screenshot competition featuring your shots from the demo! The Winner will win the full version of Rescue Pilot when released plus one other JF title of your choice AND your winning shot will feature on the back of the DVD box!

There are three runners up prizes of Rescue Pilot. The competition runs until 30th November, get snapping !

Details of Rescue pilot here- http://www.justflight.com/developProduct.asp?pid=233

Cheers

Oh Calamity - the Rescue Pilot demo requires FSX SP/1 - and, of course, I've been putting it off for months! So, it looks as if I'll have to bite the bullet (ouch!). Now my FSX installation is literally peppered with add-ons (scenery and A/C) , and it's not a pretty sight. Is there any specific advice you'd give me on this? I've been promising myself that I'd install FSX de-luxe, so that upgrading with SP/1 would possibly be simplified - is that true? Or shall I just plough on and install SP/1 regardless (of course, I'll follow the instructions!!).

On the comp front, I guess we'll be discussing it together? It'd be great to have the winning entry coming from the Hangar - Mut's name up in lights, royalties, invites to parties..... (dream on - Ed!)

Cheers - Dai. :wink:

Dai,

There are two ways of doing this.

Plan A

The preferred method would be to review your addons and consider what you actually use, I know some of mine I've downloaded for the challenge I would never use again.

Then get rid off the ones you do not want, the ones you do want to keep see if there is an updated version for SP1 or just a newer version available, this will often be the case.

Uninstall FSX.

Defrag your drive

Install FSX Deluxe and before anything else install SP1, don't try any clever config tweaks at this time.

Reload any of the latest version of the addons you have. (One at a time then fun FS to make sure everything is ok so you have a restore opportunity)

Download Rescue Pilot demo and enjoy.

This way you will be ensured of the best performance.

Plan B

Uninstall FSX, install FSX deluxe, install SP1 and link up any addon scenery that may have lost it's slot in your scenery.

The system will not be running at it's best but will work.

I say take the time to do it properly and enjoy the fruits of your labour. (I'm saying that to a farmer? :wink: )

Happy to help more if needed.

Cheers

Hi Panos,

I am nothing to do with the competition (although I think the rules will exclude me) but from what I read from Rich's post on JF

It couldn't be easier to enter - just e-mail your screenshot(s) - a maximum of two per day - to rescuepilotcomp@justflight.com and the Just Flight crew will judge which is the best out of all those received.

So make that 2 screenshots a day allowable until Nov 30th :wink:

I'm sure when Rich pops past he will confirm this :wink:

Cheers

Hi Chaps,

Two a day is indeed correct. The best way really as looking at 17 screenshots in one email just means that the last 14 often get skipped over...

Looking forward to seeing the entries. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a screenshot winner has come from Mutleys Hanger, personally I think Joe puts something in the water round these parts...

Hi Chaps,

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a screenshot winner has come from Mutleys Hanger, personally I Joe puts something in the water round these parts...

Spot on Rich, the finest Single Malt and hold the water :wink:

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers