April = Camera, Lights, Action!

This month we would like to see shots that could have come from movies, they don't have to be aviation movies, Casablanca comes to mind amongst others.

It could take the form of a movie poster, or just a standard screenshot format but please include what film the picture represents!

The editing restriction has been lifted for this months competition with the exception that we don't want any real-world scenes or people edited in.

Good luck, competition ends 23:59 BST Mon 30th April.

Here's my example.

Well, better get this one in the draw before someone else nicks the idea...

not the ideal location, but I couldn't find the right island, or any shaped the way I remember them...

fsx-2012-04-02-21-15-09-43.jpg

My entry: a scene from 'DAKOTA' a Dutch movie from the late 70ties. This scene depicts an illegal drug drop over a small inhabited island near Curacao, Dutch Antilles. :whis: The movie was a flop in the Dutch theaters, but for DC-3 buffs (like me) it is a real classic.

PH-MAG was an ex-Martinair Dakota and was sold to Scorpio Films just for the movie. After that is was sold again and finally ended up at Malta in the 80-ties. Nice detail: in the 90-ies, pieces of her were used as decoration in an "All American" Restaurant in Fleet, UK. Cockpit section inside, tail section outside in a pond, resulting in comotion as passengers on a train bound for London reported a "plane crash" in the water!! Obviously, the tail was removed from the pond very quickly ! ;)

dakotamovie.jpg

There are some really creative entries so far.

Alan, where on earth did you get that Firefox plane? You did that in FSX?

Entry one:

FC_Test2.jpg

Entry two: This is my version of Executive Decision. Couldn't find an Oceanic livery, so I used British Airways instead. This scene is only a few minutes before Steven Segal's character falls to his death.

Executive_Decision_01.jpg

BEL_POSTER.jpg

There are some really creative entries so far.

Alan, where on earth did you get that Firefox plane? You did that in FSX?

The Firefox is a freeware file from the talented hand of Mr Kazonori Ito if I remember rightly. I've had it for a couple of years. Its an FS9 model but I believe there is an FSX one around as well. I last saw it on flightsim.com but it may be availiable elsewhere.

To coincide with the Just Flight Mitsubishi Zero, here's an old favourite:

Tora-Tora-Tora_Poster.jpg

And, before you ask, the JF Zero does have a cockpit... :thum:

I know Top Gun has been done, but here's that inverted situation:

Aerobatics0222Apr09.jpg

Had to repaint the old Northrop F-5 to give it the Red Star treatment...

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Hehe, no probs Misha, my first intention was something similar with F 15-ns, but i had to reformat my comp and i had problems making FSRecorder to work. Only a few days ago i managed to make it work, and i chose the final scene with the 130.

Good luck :)

Thanks everyone for some really creative ideas, I enjoyed all the entries which made it all the more difficult to judge.

Without further ado, this month's winner is Sabre with this excellent entry

MemphisBellecopy1.jpg

Well done Graeme, check your PM's :thum:

"Pat on the back" for you Sabre. Great shot, angle and color are top notch. :thum:

Well done, yours was actually my pick for being the winner this month with a bunch of others sitting by at a close second. I don't envy Joe having to pick the winner for these contests, there were so many good ones and to have to choose just one is difficult to say the least.

Again, congrats on a super fine entry. :hat: