Beechcraft 300 and a nice view.

Hey guys.

Just a few snaps of a recent flight with Aerosofts "Island Hopping" German Airfields 1. The shots are lightly edited but nothing spectacular.

Checking her over at EDWS - Norden-Norddeich.

ga-1.jpg

Flying down the coast of Langeoog.

ga-2.jpg

Looking to spot the runway at Wangerooge.

ga-3.jpg

Since flying alot of Airliners i've lost touch with flying the small craft.

ga-6-1.jpg

A heafty bank protects the airfield and i almost lost my wheels on a rather low approach.

ga-5.jpg

But i made it down and now she is safe for the night.

ga-4.jpg

What i love about this scenery package is the sense of being somewhere. Lighthouses, towns, fishing boats in harbours, seaguls drifting around and some excellent ambient sounds on the ground when you shut down. If this is what Aerosofts VFR series is like, i shall be flying much more in Germany!

Hope you enjoyed the shots...

steve

Hi Steve, this scenery is great as are your shots I really enjoyed them

You have to hand it to Aerosoft they have done a splendid job.

I am hoping to get a review up on this volume soon, I think there are going to be 11 more?

Cheers

Thanks chaps.

I think considering this is just the first airport package for German airports, the fact that they include some very detailed island scenery on which just about every building is included they did a great job. Combining airports of this detail with their new VFR scenery will make for some fantastic GA flying. The only thing i found a little odd is the fact that the first VFR release is completely disconnected from the first GA release. Once you get back to the default German mainland the illusion of realism is lost. STill i'm very happy with my purchase and will be getting the VFR-1 package none the less.

steve

Thanks again guys.

Yes its FSX, i try to use FSX for my VFR flying. The grass Tap is simply a grass blade shaped brush tool. I try to use colors from the grass on screen and then lighten them both the main and secondary color making one lighter than the other. Then you need to play with the settings till you feel it is right, i usually aim for 35% Opacity and 50% Flow on the brush. After that its just like a toddler crayoning a picture....get grass everywhere :thumbup:

Hope this helps although i'm sure i have said all this before. maybe you did not re read the post.

Steve