Plans to change order of topic posts

Plans to change order of topic posts  

23 members have voted

1. 1. In what order would you like posts within topics sorted

• Oldest (originating post first)
    • Newest (Latest post first)

Please consider and vote!

I have found that with more action and replies to forum posts, topics like GTA and GTA2 for example you have to scroll trough many pages to get to read the latest response to a topic.

I can easily change this to show the latest post first but it would take a bit of getting used to.

Please vote to show your preference and even reply to the topic if you want.

Cheers,

Joe

As I generally use the "New Content" function, I don't normally get this problem. I sometimes have to use the "Top Down" general Forum, if a Thread doesn't appear in the "New Content" List and then I click on the "Latest Post" link.

So, no need to change for me, Thanks! :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

P.S. But PLEEEEZE change the bl**dy Edit function!! :whis:

I prefer seeing the posts in chronological order. I've been to some other forums with the newest posts first, and I don't really like it (a little confusing).

But to get to the latest post, all that needs to be done is to click the date when something was last posted, on the right of the topic "bar". That's what I do, and it works very well!

I like the first post at the top of the page. If I have been following the thread and am familier with it I just hit the End button on the keyboard and scroll up a bit to see the last post. Sometimes I like to start at the begining and scan or reread them from top to bottom , it's just easier for me. Sites that do have the last post at the top, I usually change it so it is reversed again(if they have that option) I guess it is just a personal preferance and having the option, to do as you please, at the bottom of the forum page, is nice to have.(see flightsim forum for example)

I also have a link/favorites set up to bring me to the view new content page.

:twocents:

I'm with most of the others on this, reading topics with the newest post on top tend to get a bit confusing since you need to start at the bottom if you join in on a topic after it's grown abit...

Prehaps it could be possible to add it as a personal setting in your profile in order to please everyone (wishful thinking I know)??

I like being taken to the first unread post - would that work with newest at the top? Won't vote till I know ^_^

Mike

Hi Mike, it would take you to the latest post in that topic, that would be at the top of the screen, if there have been 20 replies since you last logged in you would have to scroll down, then scroll up so not so good in that respect.

If you paste into it in the HTML mode it strips out blank lines, creating a "wall of text". Dai's right, it's very annoying. Fortunately that effect does not happen in the plain text mode.

John

I'll tell you what I could really use here, is the ability to use my Google toolbar spell check. For some reason this is the only site it does not work on and I am a horrible speller.

Brett, what browser do you use? I use Google Chrome and spell check is automatic. Does your spell checker work on Aerosoft & AVSIM forums? It's exactly the same software.

I'm happy to investigate if I know your set-up :hat:

Joe

Joe - I have the same problem as before - as John says, when you toggle the HTML view, the Editor strips out any non-textual characters. But, Hey - you get used to it... :whis:

As any fule kno, I am using W7 + IE8. Maybe that's the problem?

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Brett, what browser do you use? I use Google Chrome and spell check is automatic. Does your spell checker work on Aerosoft & AVSIM forums? It's exactly the same software.

I'm happy to investigate if I know your set-up :hat:

Joe

Sorry for starting another topic here, can anyone say :Hijacked:

I use M$ Explorer9 I believe. Google toolbar spellcheck works over at the Aerosoft forum but I couldn't check it in Avsim because I haven't reentered my login since they made the change requiring a new signup just for the forum(I didn't do this because I thought they made the change because of the Flight fiasco, just being a rebel to spite myself :) ). When I hit the spellcheck here, it makes all the text disappear in the window. Any help with this would be apreciated Joe and thanks for the reply.

I used MS Word the other day and almost every word and sentence had those multi-colored squigglies under them. :D Should have paid better attention in school.

What we need is a "first unread post" button/link at the top of the thread (a lot of fora have that, and it works well). The current order (oldest at top) is best though, since it's the natural way of reading things.

Hi Joe,

I tend to agree with Tim. I agree that the order of reading a post is to read the original post and proceed from there chronologically. With my meagre brain cells, it makes reading the posts easier to follow.

Also the 'first unread post' button is a good idea, although when clicking on a topic it normally takes me to the first unread post anyway. :thum: