The first "third party" add-on for Microsoft Flight

Well - who'd have thought it? Look no further - Microsoft have opened the flood-gates! Here's the http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=3698]link[/url]

The first add-on for Microsoft Flight. Product includes 133 pre-saved flight to simulate real approach plates to all Hawaiian's Airports and scenic adventures.

Flyiing Hawaii - Approaches & Landings offers you the possibility to explore all Hawaiian's beauty in a exciting flight experience.

All pre-saved flights approaches and adventures uses different weather condition, time and season and you can easily modify and adjust any setting.

Product also includes the Help Desk, a mini website (in html format) that gives you all needs information about Adventures, Approaches and Aerocaches. Here You will find useful information and detailed instructions for each flight or approach included in the package.

Product Feature:

• 88 Exciting approach plates to all Airport of Hawaii, including ILS, VOR and Visual Approaches
  • 25 Scenic flights over major Hawaiian point of interest with detailed instructions.
  • 20 Decisive hints to achieve the most difficult Aerochache in Microsoft Flight. Each flight places your plane in the correct location, altitude and direction in order to obtain a certain Microsoft Flight Aerochache and help you to advance your career as a Microsoft Flight pilot.
  • 114 Charts e Navigation Maps
  • Help Desk. A mini website where you can find what you need to complete all flights included in the package. For each flight you have full access to detailed instructions, Airport information, map area end charts.

How's about that then, Guys and Gals?!? Next we'll have 2-D Panels! :clapping:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Interesting. But what do you expect from a company that pays developers to create apps for their mobile products because the developers wouldn't do it otherwise? http://venturebeat.com/2012/04/06/microsoft-paying-developers-for-windows-phone-apps/

You never know, they may actually add a cockpit to appeal to a wider audience if their initial plan doesn't pan out.

I'd be willing to bet they already have cockpits for in-house use. Can't be that diffuclut to make them.

You've got to be kidding me...

25 saved flights, a handful of documents (possibly public domain government charts), some hints and a "mini-website" touted as a Help Desk?

Would people really pay for that?

I wonder what MS thinks? They must have overlooked encrypting saved flight files.

John

This is not Microsoft approved of course. They just warn that you use it at your own risk. It arrived in an original form some time back. As already mentioned it much of it can be obtained for free on the internet. I for one would not spend money on it. Some folks have even gone so far as calling it a scam or rip-off. I subscribe to Caveat Emptor.

GMap for Flight on the other hand is an addon and is free.

How many times can you fly "...25 "scenic" flights over major Hawaiian points of interest..." before they cease to be interesting anymore and when do "...88 "exciting" approach plates..." cease to be no longer exciting - if exciting at all.

Andrew