In Search for... Please Advise :)

Hi All,

I am in search for a nice holiday destination scenery that is around 2 hours away from the UK - I am looking for a good scenery addon that meets this criteria?

I have looked at the Corfu X but was disappointed - I have hawaii that I am happy with but it is obviously too far away :)

If you have scenery that meets what I am looking for and you can first hand recommend it please post here; I am not looking for people to post links they do not have as I have google for that. This is purely for recommended scenery only.

Cheers people

Jim

After a quick search I have found this :)

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10157&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

Looks good but very expensive - still if I choose to go there don't tell the mrs hehe omg she would kill me

Holiday to Geneva would be nice in my 737 ;)

Still keep them coming, thanks

What about Bornholm island ;).

Don't be put off because PFC has a base there it's a very nice bit of scenery, and for the money you get the whole island with custom water, there is also a free update that adds a lot of landmarks like windmills and light houses :).

Think that there is a free demo at the website if you want to try it first :) . (why I think of it, he has a lot of nice freeware here http://www.drzewieck...et/products.htm ;) )

Bornholm island is a real holiday location for people living around the Baltic sea area.

Must say that Switzerland scenery looks superb, but holy cow! look at the price, how the heck are you going to get that one past the mrs??? :scare:

Cheer's...Graham...

BTW: There's a freeware scenery of Tuscany thats not bad, Sabre told me about it after he got back from his vacation last year, it's called "OZx Tuscany Complete V110" google it!

BTW: There's a freeware scenery of Tuscany thats not bad, Sabre told me about it after he got back from his vacation last year, it's called "OZx Tuscany Complete V110" google it!

This is a very nice piece of scenery especially for free :)

It's a very nice flight actually - it did at the end of last year in the B-17 when I was heading down to South Africa.

Tuscany

If it's just an airport your after, how about Aerosofts Mega Airport Barcelona X

A very nice rendition of a very active airport, and at least for us swedes it's a fairly common holiday destination for a weekend trip. But the scenery doesn't add much to the rest of the city if you want more coverage of the surroundings..

And if you follow procedure it's a rather demanding departure, flew out of there in real life last october and I have never experienced such a steep climb out.

I'm gona try the Tuscany freeware just because its free :)

I'm looking for a scenery package as a whole rather than just and airport - must admit tho I did look at Barcelona airport because I've been there before. Thanks anyway tho :)

Still thinking Switzerland addon would be nice hehe

aerosoft malaga is also quite good especially if you use it with vatsim there are always loads of people flying there.

Another airport that is good is aerosoft Nice the approach plates make some interesting flying

However you didnt say id you wanted something for a vfr a/c . I use a lot of france vfr stuff their scenery is like gen x and their small islands off the north coast of france are very good for vfr stuff see:

http://www.francevfr.com/

wow that looks good - it is the kind of thing I am looking for. I do not mind if its VFR (but would be good) or not as long as it is good scenery and textures etc. Liking the suggestions at the moment keep them coming :)

This looks like this might fit the bill, Jim lad ;) . (its a huge download though! about 6.7 gigs :( ).

Balearic Islands X (FSX+FS2004)

Need a holiday break? Now is the time to fly to the Mediterranean! And just in time SimWings have release their absolutely new scenery of Balearic Islands X. This package features all islands with photorealistic ground textures and the airports of the islands.

http://www.aerosoft....131535320,10252

Or maybe this would be good.

Holiday Airports 1 (FSX+FS2004)

This package contains 4 of the most beautiful holiday-airports for FSX and FS2004. The ground textures are based on a high detailed areal image. All buildings, lighting systems, navigation beacons have been modeled to the smallest of details including all buildings and airport institutions. All features of these airports are shown in an up to date virtual replica for FSX and FS9.

http://www.aerosoft....1535320,11309_2

gave you the links as well ;) .

Cheer's...Graham...