Instant Object Studio Released

Flight1 announces a brand new utility from the award-winner developer of Instant Scenery for Flight Simulator X and 2004 users. Instant Object Studio is an easy to use and powerful 3D object editor that runs as a Flight Simulator module and lets you design new scenery objects directly in the Flight Simulator 3D view.

You can create several predefined types of 3D shapes and then edit and arrange them to make a scenery object. You can move, rotate and stretch individual parts of your model, bend them, apply different textures, create holes and indentations and apply other transformations to make even the most complex objects. You can use existing Flight Simulator textures, create generic textures or import photographs and other images.

You edit objects directly inside Flight Simulator. No trial and error is needed. You see the object exactly in the same way as it will later appear in the scenery. This lets you easily design objects that perfectly match the scenery already in place. And after you save a scenery file, it immediately appears in the 3D view without having to restart Flight Simulator.

Instant Object Studio does not need a complicated installation and is ready to use out of the box. You do not have to download and install the Flight Simulator SDK, or any other tools or converters.

For a demonstration video and more information on this product, go

to: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=insobjstu

I watched the demo video (20 minutes!) and was gob smacked. Instant Object Studio (IOS) is just the ticket for anyone wanting to get into scenery objects quickly - it looks brilliant. The learning curve looks a whole lot easier than gmax or 3DSMax and functions include animation as well as texture preparation and application - not so easy in gmax, either. And the price ain't too bad - at under 20 GBP, this new app looks very tasty! :thum:

Thanks for the heads up, Joe. I can feel a Review coming on... :whis:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Thanks for the HU Joe. I'm going to buy this. It will definitely help me design the airfield I want to put in Drumnadrochit as per my panel ID G-LNAF. Loch Ness Airfield.

Not bad at under £20 too. :thum:

It's a shame I just bought Instant Object Maker because this program blows it out of the water. Looks easy enough to get the hang of. I see alot of new scenery popping up in the future. Think I am going to get it too. :D:thum:

I think like the other Flight1 scenery apps (Instant Scenery, Airport Studio, Instant Misison Maker), they give the user simple tools to create a basic airport etc., and then possibly export the model/airport/mission etc. into a more capable program for more advanced operations if required.

OF course for many people or "projects", they will suffice, but certainly for the 3 mentioned above, they do export in a form recognised by more complex software.

As for 3D Object Maker, if you've tried using say FSDS, you'll appreciate how much easier Flight1 have just made the basic process !!!

I have a feeling that you can't convert a 3DOM object into a standard .mdl file to import into 3D Max or FSDS, but they may release an update to allow you to do just that - if it's actually possible.

Alternatively, they may introduce more complex functions (animation, LOD etc.) in 'Verison 2' ! They certainly did for Instant Scenery 2 (now at v2.3) as it was very popular. So, let's hope it becomes a good seller, gets lots of reviews/publicity, and lots of discussions on the user forum - these tend to be prerequisites for the development of extra functionality.

Here's hoping !

• 2 weeks later...