iPad "AirTrack" app for FSX

Being the proud owner of an iPad, now (Welcome to the 21st Century! - Ed) I'm wondering whether I can 'connect' it to FSX. I've found AirTrack (link and wondered if any of you iPad boffins had views on this, or similar app. My aim would be to have some instruments displayed on a separate screen with the option of control inputs (gear up/down, flaps, etc).

Any advice and help gratefully received - Thanks! :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

iPad can connect to FSX via Simconnect and there are a few apps already taking advantage of this.

I've not used this one but there's a lot features, just as well for $24.99 :unsure:

I hope someone else has a better response for you. :hat:

Ciao Dai

I own Airtrack, iPhone version (until my sister will get bored of her iPad, lol).

A very nice app, but I have found it has better "two-ways" integration with X-Plane.

Anyway, through the provided FSX plugin you will be able to enjoy the app, with some limitations tho. Check this page for limitations: http://www.ipobjects.com/products/airtrack/msfs

Thanks, Ros - that's a very useful link. At the moment, I haven't got round to using any iPad apps, but thought AirTrack might be one to cut my teeth on - maybe it's a little too sophisticated?

Anyway, my aim would be to have some gauges displayed for helicopter flying. Perhaps a second screen would be the answer?

Thanks again!

Ciao - Dai. :cool:

Dai, I think it will be a nice choice to use AirTrack, instead of a second monitor.

There are, IMHO, several advantages:

1) Airtrack uses the Wi-Fi to connect to your simulator, so no resources hit. A second monitor will put a load on your graphics card, instead (and use a lot of space on your desk!).

2) With AirTrack you will be able to have all informations you need with a fingertip: EFIS, moving map, flightplan, PFD/MFD, autopilot.

3) More, as you will connect via wi-fi, you will be able to follow your flight while cooking, or in bed, or in toilet :P

It's very clear and easy to read on the iPhone, even if at 42 my eyes are requesting some rest and I have to use lenses (sigh). On an iPad it will be a party!

Have fun.

Dai, I think it will be a nice choice to use AirTrack, instead of a second monitor.

There are, IMHO, several advantages:

1) Airtrack uses the Wi-Fi to connect to your simulator, so no resources hit. A second monitor will put a load on your graphics card, instead (and use a lot of space on your desk!).

2) With AirTrack you will be able to have all informations you need with a fingertip: EFIS, moving map, flightplan, PFD/MFD, autopilot.

3) More, as you will connect via wi-fi, you will be able to follow your flight while cooking, or in bed, or in toilet :P

It's very clear and easy to read on the iPhone, even if at 42 my eyes are requesting some rest and I have to use lenses (sigh). On an iPad it will be a party!

Have fun.

Benissimo! Pilotare un elicottero da toilette - proprio quello che voglio! :clapping:

Grazie, Ros. :thum:

Ciao - Dai. :cool: