When is a two year warranty not a warranty

Maybe it's just me but when I bought my graphics card a Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB card from "E-Liar" back in March 2011 one of the attractions was the two year warranty.

So after my recent tales of graphical woe I returned the product for the second time!! to "E-Liar"

Upon finding the product faulty they promptly announced they had accepted by RMA - yeah good news!

This was shortly followed by a second e-mail telling me that becasue the product was over 6 months old they couldn't (wouldn't) be providing a replacement product (as I'd requested) but instead would be providing me a proportionate refund. In fact a 16% reduction proportionate refund on the basis I'd had the use of the product!!!!

According to "E-Liar" it's in the terms and conditions!!!!

The moral of the story is don't take anything at face value and always read the fine print of the T&C's

Apologies for the rant but jeez I've spent over £700 in 18 months with "E-Liar" plus I've probably spent just under £700 on replacing items which probably weren't even faulty!

:stars:

That's awful,

Personally I would have been happy with any amount after a year but that doesn't make up for al the hassle and expense you've had, grrr.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, I do think I'm heavily influenced by all the hassle and aggrevation so maybe that's colouring my judgement at the minute.

Probably need to move on now and just get a replacement card and put it all down as an "experience"

keep your 580 Joe,

I don't think the spending all the money on the GTX680 is going to make FSX look any better to the naked eye, unless you know something, I don't about these new cards ;) .

Cheer's...Graham...

BOT: @ Graeme, never buy another bloody thing from them again, just grab what money they give you and get whatever you can for it, then never look at their website again :gaah:

keep your 580 Joe,

I don't think the spending all the money on the GTX680 is going to make FSX look any better to the naked eye, unless you know something, I don't about these new cards ;) .

Cheer's...Graham...

BOT: @ Graeme, never buy another bloody thing from them again, just grab what money they give you and get whatever you can for it, then never look at their website again :gaah:

Not Just for FSX, also saves money on buying a THTG :D

I would say about 185 inc delivery to darkest Wales!

Oh! and maybe a review or two for the Hangar ^_^

Oooooo wish I'd been a little more patient - that would have been tempting :yesa:

Oooooo wish I'd been a little more patient - that would have been tempting :yesa:

Does your mrs know where your getting all this money from??? :faint:

cheer's...Graham...

Does your mrs know where your getting all this money from??? :faint:

Hey mate I suffer a double whammy - she's a woman and they know everything and she's a Bank Manager so I never see any money without her say so :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The offer was there matey?

Hmm.. 185 is a little too rich for me - would need a beefier PSU too.

Think I'll go with a 560 1.2 GB - £135 new - amazingly it only needs 23 Amps on the 12v rail (3 less than an 8800 GT !)... so then I can keep my current PSU.

I'd love the 560 Ti 448 - meant to be a corker - it's still hovering around the £165 mark.

P.S I'll be doing you a review on "FS Captain" shortly - well, I'll be offering it you anyway !

It's an impressive little 'pilot career' progam - been using it for a while - and it sort of works well in conjunction with 'Air Hauler' and your VA. :cool: