Burj Al Arab hotel helipad with the Dodo-Sim Bell 206...

Nice One Dai, :thum: great control on your landing :thumbup: .The Dodo sim 206 is great to fly and very much like the real aircraft. Landing it in my view is the hardest thing to get right, Well Done sir. :hat:

@ Mike - Thanks! I was using level 5 in the Dodo-Sim, hence the Vortex Ring trouble - I just wasn't focussed enough on the flying what with getting the recording done. Funnily enough, I'm moderately good with the Dodo-Sim, but can't fly the Aerosoft Huey-X quite as well. There's a story there, somewhere! :thum:

@ Micke - it was the Agassi-Federer video that put me onto this 'project' in the first place - no way would I play anything with that exposure!

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

No - it's the Dodo-Sim Bell 206B - possibly the best in terms of realism, or so my rotor-head mates say! The Dodo-Sim is much more straightforward to fly - the flight dynamics are consistent and not twitchy like the default M.S. helicopters like the R22. Try it, you'll like it :thum:

BTW, I'm currently working on an FSX mission using the Burj Al Arab hotel helipad - I'll let you know when it's ready...

Very cool landing again Dai, well done matey :thum:

That reminds me I must get out in the Huey more often ;) .

Cheer's...Graham...

PS: not being a huge rotor head ATM, do you know if there is a list anywhere with names and locations of all the tricky helicopter landing pads in FSX???

Thanks, Graham. :thum:

Default FSX is pretty bare of helipads in general. Most difficult helicopter approaches are in add-on scenery - like Earth Simulations' Needles, Wolf Rock and Bishop light-houses and Aerosoft's Manhatten. There are a lot of FSX missions with interesting LZ's - Tokyo Executive for one. I'll dig around and see if I can find a list - or make one myself!