Computer Freezing Problem

Hi guys, recently my Dell desktop computer has been freezing every time I turn it on. I have had no issues with this computer for the past 3 years I have had it. Do you guys have any ideas on what may be wrong?

Thanks,

Wyatt

Hi Wyatt

Its extremely hard to remotely diagnose problems like this over the internet, if I or others here were there on site we could probably help more ... however

Here is a list of the most common causes of computers freezing ...

http://www.computerh...es/ch000690.htm

Has this problem only just starting happening or has it been creeping up on you, any blue screens or anything?

My first thought on something like this is usually overheating, check the CPU cooler fan is working and maybe give the heatsink/fan.case a clear out of any accumulated dust, while you are in the case make sure all expansion cards are properly seated and the ram modules too.

Check the graphic card fan is working and dust free too.

Do you have any CPU temp monitoring software? if not you should see in your BIOS somewhere the temp the CPU is operating at and if you let me know what processor it is I can tell you if its operating within spec.

If that does not work try pulling one of the ram modules, try it with just one module in, if still not working swap ram slot, then through a process of elimination try the other ram module/s one at a time until you find the culprit if that's what it is.

Does the PC run in safe mode?

If its software drivers and the PC is freezing on start up you probably wont get a chance to update them, so definitely check the hardware side of things first.

Hope you get up and running soon.

Thanks, the computer just started freezing on morning and it has been every time I have tried to turn it on since. It doesn't run on safe mode, nor if I try startup repair. I'll try some of your suggestions.