Burj Al Arab helipad challenge mission.

Excellent screenshots, Colin - Thanks for sharing, Mate! :thum:

The floating pick up point and the mis-placed hotel helipad could be resolved - let me know if you need a Fly Tampa version of the mission and I'll edit the relevant WorldPositions.

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Colin - as I don't have the Fly Tampa Dubai scenery, I'll need you to give me the correct Lat/Lon (WorldPosition) of the following:

Sheikh in Dubai World Positions:

1. Al Masraf Tower POI         = N25* 15' 44.52",E55* 18' 11.56",+000500.00

2. Downtown Dubai POI          = N25* 13' 12.41",E55* 16' 10.34",+001000.00

3. Jumeirah Beach LZ           = N25* 8' 28.87",E55* 11' 14.97",+000010.00

4. Burj Al Arab helipad POI    = N25* 8' 26.22",E55* 10' 44.18",+000720.00

5. Hotel helipad centre circle = ?Lat ?Lon and ?Altitude

In the above list, I've shown the Lat/Lon's I used for the default scenery. If you could take your 206B and SLEW around the Fly Tampa scenery and make a note of the Lat/Lon's, then I can edit the mission XML. Note that 1. to 4., above, don't require the altitude, but 5. does for the landing trigger, I think. It'll take a few iterations, but the result would be good.

Thanks for your help and interest!

Hi Phil ... I'm no programmer, but for sure the Fly Tampa guys seem to know how to squeeze maximum detail for maximum performance for most high end FS PC's, check them out ... I believe they offer free demo's for many of their scenery areas.

Dai, not been back to you yet with Long Lat stuff yet , but I will if you still like fairly soon to help make this mission available to a wider audience.

Been really busy, sorry.

Not a problem, Colin - you can relax! It's only a small edit to change the WorldPosition data, although there'll be a couple of iterations needed to iron out errors...

I've been working on another Sheikh mission - nearly done - in Rio de Janeiro. This one's got a bit more excitement in it - I'll upload it soon.