Saitek instrument panel drivers

The 12 should be on your installation disc that came with each panel.

To get them to install the original install properly, you have to un-install through your programs and features in control panel.

Then istall the disc as a new install, that should then place the 12 back onto your system.

When you start FSX after the install, it should ask you to run them, say yes to all and all should be back to normal.

Make sure you have the latest install disc.

Also make sure that Smart Technology on the disc is installed..

whatever, the extras I use including glass cockpit, speed tape, four engine panel and various directional VOR etc are from Phillipe Verhaege if you are interested. but i got those last year certainly before Saitek added any beyond the six. I'll look at those as well. There are others on AVsimand FlightSim, SimAviation as well but Verhaeges are pretty good

Hah, and I'll give the FIPs 10/10 as i don't get the graphics slowdown some have reported. Its all down to the graphics card you have. :)

do you have the web site for this??? cheers

HI Steven,

If you go to the Saitek site, then choose 'Downloads', choose 'Software', then in the 2 boxes that show up choose 'Pro Flight', in the first box, the choose 'Pro Flight Instrument Panel' in the second box, then select your operating system the 'Download Drivers' tab will appear.

Once you've downloaded the file, you have to follow the install procedure. This is what Saitek say:

Quote:

Pro Flight Information Panel (FIP) Installation instructions:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

XP/Vista/W7 Instructions:

-------------------------

1: Make sure the FIP is unplugged before running the driver package.

2: Run the driver package and follow on screen instructions. The FIP driver and Saitek Direct Output will be installed

3: Once the installation is complete, plug in the FIP. Once it is detected, it should start a cycle picture display.

Using the FIP in FSX:

---------------------

After installing the FIP for the first time, FSX might ask you if you want to run the SaiFLightSim.exe plugin. Accept this and have it automatically load each time FSX runs.

Using the FIP as a picture viewer:

----------------------------------

Browse to the C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\ folder. In there you will see 5 images called Fip1 to Fip5. You can keep/delete these and add your own JPEG images in there. The aspect ratio is 4:3 and any picture will be resized to fit.

Troubleshooting:

----------------

Q1: The FIP does not display any images before FSX

A1: Unplug the FIP and reinstall the drivers

Q2: I have the slide show but no panels in FSX

A1: The SaiFlightSimX plugin might not be running. You can manually run this file by browsing to C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\ folder and double clicking the SaiFlightSimX.exe application.

Q3: I have the slide show, and SaiFlightSimX running but no panels in FSX

A3: Check your FSX exe.xml is correct. Browse to this file by going to C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ and looking for exe.xml. Open this in explorer and check that there is an entry for the plugin, this will vary slighty to your Windows bit rating:

32bit:

------

<Path>C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>

64bit:

------

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>

End Quote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once everything is installed, go to your Saitek folder on your PC. Open it up and you will find two folders.

1, Direct Output

2, Pro Flight Panels

If you look in these folders you should find that the graphics for the extra panels are there.

Make sure the panel is unplugged before you run the setup though.

This is what shows in my Saitek/DirectOuput/Guages - folder

ADF

Airspeed

Altimeter

Attitude

C2

C3

Heading

Hsi

Hsib

Pfd

TurnIndicator