Hi there, Lovely day it has been for us people in wales :).... and fortunately it is my first post, so please welcome me to MH :D!!, I am wondering, as we have scenery designers who developed London, we people are loosing out on great scenery for fs2004, specially the Cardiff Area Like we could have famous landmarks like the Millenium Stadium, Castle, Capital Tower, Macdonalds House, The Heath Hospital, BT Tower... Cardiff Bay with its stuff there,Lightship, wales millenium centre and the red tower .... especially aligned for the VFR photographic scenery, I know i was nosing aroumd the Internet, Looking for some scenery like this to "breathe" some life into the sim, I know there is one about for FSX free, but not all of us have FSX.... Does anyone know if this could be done possibly? or if there is going to be a great scenery designer going to make the scenery, because It hasnt been mentioned in topic before anywhere, so I guessed Id raise it up! :)

Hi,

Welcome to MH. I hope you enjoy the forums and the great people who hang out here.

Good luck with FS9 scenery. I don't know of anyone who's currently doing it commercially and it may be that your best bet is to try the file libraries at places like Flightsim.com, etc. There are hundreds if not thousands of pieces of freeware scenery for FS9 if you can find the one you want.

John

Welcome aboard FS2004boy. That's your first one done and hope you get your answer.

Have you got Cardiff airport xtreme from UK2000. It also incorporates the Heliport at Tremofa

+ there is VFR scenery from Horizon.. Plenty for your wallet to empty on.. :hat:

I found this with about 2 minutes of searching at Flightsim.com...

FS2004 Scenery--UK Ports

Name: uk_ports.zip

FS2004 Scenery--UK Ports. Adds cranes, ships, dockside buildings, etc. to a number of ports in the UK. Includes Southampton, Liverpool, Tilbury, Felixstowe, Hull, Swansea, Teesport, Hartlepool, Tynemouth, Barry, Cardiff, Garston, Ipswich, Heysham, Newport, Birkenhead, Bristol, Ramsey, Douglas, Peel. By Gerry Winskill.

John

Hey guys and thank thank you...thank you! such a warming welcome here! sorry for late replies! :(, I have the UK2000 Cardiff Xtreme (Gary Summons) and VFR Photographic Scenery, and Terrain, And Also Used the "AutoTrees" application which makes the photographic scenery more interesting to look at... I was thinking, from the photographic Scenery we can see Millenium Stadium Co-ordinates (N51*28*69 W3*10.96*) you should be in the centre of the photographic millenium stadium. It would be good (and was thinking) if there are people who can Generate the Millenium Stadiam/Cardiff Castle/Capital tower/ and all the surroundings well, I'd pay for the whole town to be done in 3d Models tbh, If JustFlight can model London, Certainly They could do Cardiff!,... Cheers Guys for the Info though and very warming welcome for me woop woop!, I have the UK_Ports.zip as you have mentioned, It adds cranes etc, and pallets and Haulage Bases, But it would be nice to actually "Fly Over Cardiff" as in real life, Just flight did this one area for Fsx (Still no probs with FS2004 thou :D), can't remember the name of it, but did more or less individual houses (more or less) and were positioned correctly via getmapping, Was it Shrewsbury or something? Can't remember, but to be honest guys, I think that there is some talented scenery designer more than capable of kitting out Cardiff for us, in beutifully rendered 3D, its the city of the olympics, well one of them that are big in the games at the moment! Its just made me think for quite sometime, why hasn't anything been done

hmm makes me wonder too, with the uk2000 cardiff extreme tremorfa airport, the Ai that it comes with is preety rubish (police and ambulace i guess?) there's an AI installer, I followed one of youtube links this afternoon (http://www.world-of-ai.com/) and you send the .zips to a folder (zips include planes), got ba/monarch/virgin atlantic/bmi/choices/easyjet/mytravel/jet2 all on correct flightplans for ai around the uk/ so much more varried flights...make sure ai is set to 100% in settings and you wont see the planes properly...anyway raving over...is there any copters better than the default uk2000 ai (sorry Gary amazing airports, terrible ai) for the tremorfa helipad? I want there to be good ambulence ones

• 2 months later...