fsx re-install on a larger hard drive

Well the time has finally come that fsx has outgrown its 500gb hard drive, so what to do? I know ssd's are faster but I do have and have read of things that give me a severe reservations plus they cost a national debt,

So as i have no speed problem with existing technology have invested in a western digital 1tb black series.

Well I am now 3 days into the reinstallation process which isnt helped by my paltry 2mb download speed here in the sticks

so now have installed about 2/3 of what I regularly use, i wont install hong kong this tiime as although I love the checkerboard approach and the fly tampa scenery , i rarely use it as I mostly fly in europe or in ftx sceneries.

it is just so nice to be able to click on an exe/installation button in my downloads and a few minutes later the prog is installed.

but still a bit unnerving as what to install before what etc

However since 9am this morning I have been doing battle with the earth simulations site trying to re-download their guernsey, I could write a book about how unfriendly their site is and overly complicated their download procedure is. their online help line is rarely online , they havent answered emails sent this morning ok perhaps they have to wade their way through loads of emails so i will have to wait my turn, but the crux of the matter is even when you put the right email address and password in nothing happens, repeat the same process 3 times over and what do you know i can finally download an installation, currently it shows i have to wait a further 8hours and 27 minutes for the program to download, deep joy!

What is also quite weird is when i eventually gained access to "my area" there was a file named guernsey there but the file description was compton abbas, now I remember this when i originally bought guernsey back at the beginning of the year and emailed them about this discrepancy, but in case it had been rectified i downloaded it and hey guess what it wasnt guernsey it was compton abbas! another bit of time wasted.

why cant i have a simple download that i can save in my downloads file to be able to re-install it whenever i want rather than wait 9 hours plus each time

it makes me feel like Kenny Everetts mr. angry. and the last thing one needs when doing such a thankless task as a reinstallation.

to be honest if the scenery wasnt reasonably good i wouldnt bother downloading it again

so Mr and mrs nice guys at earth sim the products are ok, really, worth their money, enjoyable , the web site and method of installation a nightmare, no worse!

As a matter of interest I was going to video my feeble attempts in doing battle with the es site because i anticipated such grief just so maybe i could figure out if it was me or to remind me where i went wrong.

the download is now showing 8hours and 49 minutes to go!

now where is that birch stick that I can beat my back with?

It's got to be down to your download speed.

I have just completed a complete re-install of FSX, SP's, Accelleration, the UK GenX VFR Volumes 1,2,3,4,5,6,&8 and this afternoon I re-installed all my ES products, Alderney, Guernsey, Treescapes Volumes 1,2,3, 6 & 8 and on top of all those I have installed most if not all their freeware.

It did state during downloading that there were many, many hours to go before completion but it seemed to rattle away and everything is installed and back to normal.

I would, if possible engage in a better broadband connection. Note: I did say if possible. I live in the Highlands of Scotland and we also have some problems with download speeds but not as low as you state.

Keep plodding away because the software from ES is definately worth it.

Cheers.