HOW TO TRANSFER TO A LOWER SCREEN A 2D COCKPIT ?

hello

could somone help

i built recently a 4 screen board ,3*27" up as main board and a 24" tactile 1960*1080 lower screen

my hope was to use the lower screen to display 2 d panel cockpit the way i used to do with a Matrox card .

this system worked well but définition was limited and involved small 19" screens;

with my new system besides the fact i can easily transfer files and programs to the lower screen from the main uper board, in FSX no way to transfer a wiew or a 2d panel on the lower screen !

is that related to a FSX limitation or an AMD eyefinity driver limitation?

does anyone knows how to overcome this ?

i use an AMD HD 7970 for the 3 GO memory and the larger bus to cope with my 5960 screen ,does anyone knows if Nvidia drivers have not the same limitation ?

this question send back to another post i just wrote, asking wether Nvidia seems more compatible with FSX than AMD ?

thanks in advance

p r

Philip, in order to drag any 'new view' (i.e. 2-D cockpit view) outside the main FSX window, the 'new view' has to be un-docked. You right-click inside the 'new view' and select 'undock' from the drop down menu. Then you may drag that 'new view' outside your FSX window and onto another display. Well, that's how I think it works. Good Luck!

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

It's important that FSX be in Windowed mode too. If the Full-screen mode is on, you cannot drag pop-ups off the main view. Once the pop-ups are dragged to another window (presumably on another display), the main view can be returned to full-screen mode and the pop-ups will continue to work.

John

Windowed mode as selected from the FSX Top-Line Menu -> Views -> Full Screen (not checked). The Windows title bar will be showing.

If Full Screen is checked (selected) in that menu, it will not be possible to undock another view if you launch one within the FS screen. A view must be undocked in order to pull it onto another monitor/display or even outside the confines of the main FS window if it's not occupying the whole screen.

John