a quiet announcement from M.S. States that they have ended support for FSX

questions:

does this mean they have/will stop validation? there are still companies out there selling new copies of FSX

Are they legally allowed to stop support when someone may go out tomorrow and buy a new copy because consumer laws dictate a certain minimum amount of support for a new product?

If they do stop vallidation are they in default of their EULA?

If they do stop validation will it then be legal for a person to create a crack for fsx so that if we upgrade our computeres we can still re-install FSX?

Could also mean that they have something else in mind for the future. Haven't they stopped support for old operating systems to get folks to start getting the new ones?

Yeah, but usually they actually have a new one before they abandon the old one.

I guess I do not like to think that they would punish us for not embracing Flight. After all, they pretty much said it wasn't meant for us anyway. It's just one big mess, sad that MS would commit FS suicide at a time when there approval rating is somewhere around the same as the U.S. populations approval rate of Congress. I think now would be a good time to actually start listening to their customers instead of just stating that fact in commercials.

I have this really weird feeling they may try and re-launch MS Flight in the future, whether or not it will happen I have no idea.

It seems strange they are continueing support for it, and it looks like they are still trying to build a community for it via community screenshot posts and blogs.

Microsoft is like a black hole you never know whats going on in there.

Sam. :thum:

I have this really weird feeling they may try and re-launch MS Flight in the future, whether or not it will happen I have no idea.

It seems strange they are continueing support for it, and it looks like they are still trying to build a community for it via community screenshot posts and blogs.

Microsoft is like a black hole you never know whats going on in there.

Sam. :thum:

As i mentioned on another thread i still hold a hope that M.S. holds the rights to whatever LM creates in the form of P3D and will distribute their version for the entertainment market.

What i am more concerned about is the ability to re-validate FSX say in a years time after the next major PC upgrade I would like to think there is some legal jargon somewhere forcing them to enable that to happen for some considerable period of time, however eulas seem to be totally written as a away of allowing them (the developers) to have their cake and eat it as well whilst offering bugger all to the public in return.