Hi - using FSX + acceleration, am not able to spool up the engines. Using 'F4' the engines will increase power then drop back to idling. Same happens with Saitek throttle. Tried with default 737-800, no a/pilot on. Have even gone back to a fresh install, of FSX - still same problem. Already reset to defaults, before re-install. Using the default 737, start a flight, the engines are running at 58%. F1 will slow this done to 20%, then they'll spool up to 58%. Opposite happens with the F4 key. Even with the Saitek unit dis-connected. This is common to all default aircraft. I have not installed any add-ons.

Trawled the www to find an answer - no avail. appreciate any tips you can give to resolve this, thanks.

Dave.

Hi John - am using B737-800 (default), but issue is with all aircraft. Have just tried a flight, got into the air and set the a/throttle - this works as it should do - gauges/throttle stick alter as power is required, or not.

I just noticed your name. You're our second David Williams. The other one's screen name is ddavid.

What kind of controls hardware are you using? Any add-ons such as yoke or joystick or are you just using mouse and keyboard?

When you say you "...got into the air and set the throttle..." how did you set it? Mouse? Keyboard? Add-On control?

Sorry for playing 20 questions with you but want to go up the right path on this.

John

EDIT: I see you mentioned Saitex throttle. Do the other functions of that hardware work OK? JDA

Hi David and Welcome!

Look up your Controls Assignments as it sounds like an unkown assignee - could be a joystick input - is re-setting your throttle after th F4 key has maxed that setting.

On the main menu page click Settings, then in Other Settings click Controls, then select Control Axes and check that the Flight Mode is 'Normal'. Now scroll down to find the entry against Throttle. This ought to be assigned to the appropriate (Throttle) input from your joystick. You may want to check that the other, individual Engine Throttle Axis settings aren't interfering.

Hope this helps - but maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree (Ha! - Ed)

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Sorted - I had still got a joystick connected - nice one Dai. Although I had selected the yoke, in controls section there must still have been a conflict.

Flying like a bird now - landings still need some work though???

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies.

Dave.