How do i get fsxdel/acc airport-approacj to mesh with AH's data base. Several are different- One has ILS and the other only has visual/vics versa- all airports are their but the rwys sometimes are 100 Deg off. Is their any way to get both data bases to mesh?

Bill,

Welcome to Mutley's Hangar.

Try this... in AH, Options -> Import Scenery.

John

EDIT: Can you give a specific example of an airport with this problem and what you're seeing for it in each situation? Not sure I completely understand what you're describing.

JDA

I have transfered/imported scenery again" made so changes to scenery files about 2 weeks ago. I didn't note the airfields but will note them the next time I see it. I can remember about 4 different fields that were different. Is their any way to open up the airfields data ase? I do have a list of airfields fro the last month.

I think AH uses the FS database and copies that data into it's own static tables at install and refreshes it when running the AH Scenery import, but is mainly only interested in parking spots.

I'm not clear where you are seeing differences - between what and what? I don't know what "... fsxdel/acc airport-approacj..." is.

I'm also not understanding '...I have transfered/imported scenery again" made so changes to scenery files...'. Does that mean you ran the AH Scenery Import? Did you make changes to scenery files before or after doing that?

Can you be a little more specific about the nature of the problem?

Folks here will be glad to help and we can also get Slopey, the developer of AH involved if necessary but at this point it's just not clear what you are seeing that is a problem and where/when you see it.

Direct access to the tables in AH from the user front end is not supported by AH. All the AH data tables are protected to preclude cheating. Most comany records can be exported as Excel files for external analysis, including things like the Jobs Board, but a list of all the airports in AH is not one of those.

John

Okay let me spell it out. I am using FSX with acceleration. I have Air Hauuler with latestet update 4.x something. I have noticed that about four airports, of around 50, that I have hauled cargo to, has runways and approaches are different. Airhauler has and ILS approach and FSX has no approach what so ever, in the GPS data Base, or FSX has an approach and Air Hauler dosen't. I had mentioned that I had changed some scenery files several weeks ago but after changing the files in add on scenery in FSX and updated them in FSX, I then ran scenery update in Air Hauler. I will how make a note of the different airfields and will send them on so you have a specific airport that has different runway haedings and approaches. Most of the airports in the last couple of week have been in Kentucky. I can't get Air Hauler to show me the airfield like the GPS in FSX, so I will just have to wait till the airfields come up on the job screen again. I hope this makes things clearer sorry for the abbrevations. Just thought you might know what I was talking about.

Sometimes FSX has an ILS frequency listed for the airport and there is in fact a localizer and glide slope there and it works, but there is no corresponding approach available on the GPS. That's independent of AH, of course.

Looking now, but please, if you can capture a live one, i.e. an actual airport for me to look at it will all make more sense. I don't think AH has a table of approaches - I believe all that lives in FSX.

For testing/troubleshooting purposes, there's no harm in creating any number of test companies in AH, kicking the tires and then deleting them when you're done looking at whatever you're interested in. If creating a test company in the part of Kentucky where you were flying to will help generate a better list of suspect airports, that's better than sitting around waiting for your pride-and-joy company to spit one out.

I'm getting the sense that this is an FSX issue, where some airports have the ILS equipment but the GPS has no approach listed. Military fields are sometimes like that in FSX, I think. Will continue to pursue this until we understand it or strike out.

John

John

OK, I found one and it's as I suspected. FS sometimes does this - it puts an ILS at an airport but has no approach procedure associated with it. You can use the ILS but you cannot use the GPS to fly it. It works fine with a coupled approach with the autopilot and your OBI/CDI and/or HSI will register it properly. The lack of a procedure only affects the GPS.

Here are some images from ETSI, a military airfield in Germany...

ILSNo-Proc01.jpg

ILSNo-Proc02.jpg

ILSNo-Proc03.jpg

ILSNo-Proc04.jpg

ILSNo-Proc05.jpg

ILSNo-Proc06.jpg