Leg 84 (GMMN) Casablanca to DTTA Tunis

y4mJDz0O9Km2mU7kI8BJFnL1kerdQrbje6J4bktT

y4mFOppD3vYuA_uQlx7o_ZoOTdlwFRItg8B_wW0n

y4m1omIG9z8KPvDRC6QOcVKlXbn0CBeQEl60fSNH

Scene 1: Casablanca Airport

Mon Diue! Why do I, Louis Vermin, get all of les strange ones? Bad enough to get condemned to zis, zis damned Lisbon to Tangier to Casablanca malaise a' trios of le air, every trois days. Zat fat pig of a Chief d' Dispatche in Vichy, he hates Louis Vermin. He gives all les plum flights to les Bosche-loving, boot-licking friends of his and banishes zose who still love La Belle France to les miserable frontier flights. Some day zere will be le Justice. Some day! I, Louis Vermin swear it.

But now, zis strange man who boards at Lisbon... He held a ticket to Casablanca via Tangier, but zen, while still in Tangier, he buys up all les tickets from Casablanca to Lisbon - he says he wants to assure no other passengers are aboard le aircraft when it leaves Casablanca except himself and two other people whose names he will not reveal. For zose, he will allow two of les tickets he holds to be used. Tres irregulier! Le airline agent in Tangier was most insistent zat zis is merely routine, but I, Louis Vermin know zat it is not. It is tres irregulier! Surely a bribe has been paid. But not to poor Louis. Alas, poor Louis Vermin will die a pauper.

Zis man, zis Monsieur Smythe-Jones, I fear him. He is most menacing. His bearing, it is military. He wears le civilian suit, but does not wear it well. Non, his tailor, he must be a barbarian. But non, zis man is no civilian, of zat I am sure. He has not made le threat openly, but a threat hangs in le air no less. He will have his way or... he will have his way with Louis. He holds on to les pair of briefcases like zey are la vie, eh, how you say, life - life itself. He does not permit me to stow zem properly, not in Lisbon and again ze same departing Tangier to come here. He clings to zem most tenaciously.

Le time for departure, she is near, but where are les passengers? Where are les usual ramp workers? Zere is much excitement near le great hangar. Louis sees gendarmes and surely zat is Louis Renault, le Prefect d' Police of Casablanca himself, talking to a tall man in a trench coat. Zere are others too, but not les usual ramp workers. Non, something tres irregulair, she is happening. I must be on my guard. Zere will be no funny business on le flight when Louis Vermin is le Capitain.

Ah, now trios people approach, two men and - ooh la la, a very beautiful lady. Zey talk and talk. Embraces are exchanged, hands shaken. It is a farewell. Ah oui, le taller man in le trench coat moves away and les others, zey approach. I must examine zeir papers. Zey must have les necessary travel documents or I cannot depart. To do so would be most dangerous for Louis Vermin. Les Bosche would make life tres difficult for Louis. Non, I must be certain zese people are properly authorized to leave Morocco.

Allors! Tres Bien! All is in order. Zey have les Letters d' Transite, signed by Marshall Petain himself. Never have I seen such commanding documents. Tres, eh, how you say, tres unimpeachable. Who am I, Louis Vermin, to question zem when zey bear le hand of le great Marshal Petain himself? Zis Monsuer Smythe-Jones produces also a pair of les tickets he holds. All is in order. We will proceed. I can do nothing else.

And so, to board, Monsieur Lazlo and Madame Lazlo and you, Monsieur Smythe-Jones. Please to fasten les little belts when you are

congrats.giffaint.gifok.gif

John, this has to be the most thought out, dedicated and most entertaining of all MH AWTC posts to date. I'm awestruck by the amount of detail included, everything from the 'prologue' at the beginning right down to the broken French/English narration from our pilot "Louis" throughout really helped to pull this leg together, it could be a story all of its own totally outside of AWTC!!

And to top it off there were some excellent shots of the lovely L-10 thrown in for good measure...

an inexplicably well executed post, even at my very best i couldn't ever surpass this! :yes:

awesome, just awesome!

John,

I can only agree with Simi's comments - the level of detail and thought here is phenomonal - you've outdone yourself once again. Well done on a fantastic piece of storytelling and some fantastic shots and very clever AI programming. Brilliant! :yes:

Dave

draught2.gif Of all the flight sim forums in all the world he has to walk into mine! 001_shades.gif

John,

A real epic adventure, the shots are so well edited and fit the story brilliantly! The detail is faultless too, even down to the aircraft reg F-AMPJ! I am going to have to keep coming back to this one.

That's a very clever ploy introducing the classic Casablanca theme, I cannot remember a more better thought out post than this, thank you.

A true star_gold.gifstar_gold.gifstar_gold.gifstar_gold.gifstar_gold.gif production, well done!

Thanks for getting us to Tunis, that crazed Greek man is your contact!

Cheers

I agree with panos. This is possibly the best ATWC leg so far. The effort put into the post is astonishing and the amount of info is like a university essay :thumbup: Amazing work there, John, I really enjoyed reading that post - Thanks! :yes:

You Son of a Gun! That's some post, my old mate - twisting like a tornado and with more scales than a rattlesnake in heat! No wonder you've been so quiet, John - what a piece of work - a landmark in the history of ATWC - one that all other posts will be compared with - and found lacking!

Sch-yeah! Many, many thanks - it's an honour to be a fellow Hangarian with you. :thumbup:

Cheers - Dai. :yes:

Thank you, guys. It’s knowing that people are entertained by it and appreciate it that makes the effort worthwhile. It was a lot of fun too.

Some folks do edits, some do videos; I like to do stories. Everyone brings something to the table according to his gifts and interests.

I’ve had this in mind for Casablanca since sometime during the South American segment, though it just sort of grew and grew as I got deeper into it. Finding the exact AC with the exact livery and the exact registration from the movie was a great stroke of luck and kind of reinforced my desire to follow through with it. I’ve always loved the movie and wanted to do something related to it.

I have to say I learned a lot. Setting the stage at Gibraltar and Tunis with freeware AC used as AI traffic under JF Traffic 2005 was an interesting evolution.

I very much appreciate the kind words, gents. This one was special for me.

John

• 3 weeks later...