Leg 85: Carthage[DTTA] ==>>Malta Int'l [LMML]

Hey chaps,

Weather conditions this time were better, the wind was 10 knots and it was raining. I flew with the old Olympic Airlines Boeing 727. I tried to edit many shots and I think I am getting better…

Waiting for push&start.

d3fa6182.jpg

Engine 2 in business

4b6748aa.jpg

Taxiing to the active

afd632c2.jpg

The reversers are working just fine

53415689.jpg

Long runway=>> Extremely easy task for the 727

71908c71.jpg

Three engines normal

868a4ded.jpg

A quite bumpy takeoff, hopefully not as much as my previous leg’s

7c0fe37f.jpg

Gear coming up after a positive rate of climb

98488fbe.jpg

Climbing to FL195, or sth like that. Without autopilot and autothrottle it was very difficult to keep it flying straight.

cfc9fe6e.jpg

4837f76c.jpg

c3b23b4e.jpg

The second officer started to complain due to severe turbulence. This forced me to make a slight course change, without ATC approval :yes: :-)

707e8856.jpg

d52cd489.jpg

af5920cc.jpg

A bit outdated cockpit

cef60501.jpg

43 nm away???

67be29cc.jpg

The spoilers will take care of the fast descend

82f6a7a9.jpg

84ecc528.jpg

An A321 on the background

ed36a91e.jpg

UP UP UP UP!!! Where the hell is the spoiler lever???

8dc14ea0.jpg

Reminded me of American Airlines 965. Of course I didn’t crash like those amateur American pilots… :thumbup:

43f624b7.jpg

To make matter worse, No2 engine failed on the approach phase

d03cf266.jpg

Captain: Hey, which is the shutdown procedure in a 727?

Firs Officer: Never mind, let the fuel valve open…

Captain: Right

Now, Let’s inform the ATC

7037cc97.jpg

ad6f3605.jpg

3cf14fee.jpg

Damned, we’re off course!

80e4e0cf.jpg

e78b2d74.jpg

A 757 departing while we are landing

ec490bb8.jpg

100 feet

937e6448.jpg

Safely down! I think Joe owes me an increase in my monthly payment. P.S>Mut: You haven’t increased it for me previous leg yet-this is your last chance lol!

11316a03.jpg

Inspired by reef, but still not as good as his. One day I’ll manage to master Photoshop

905db355.jpg

Hope you’ve enjoyed flying with us and hope to see you again soon

Panagiotis

An excellent leg there panos, a great choice of Aircraft, are Olympic Airlines still operating the ol' 727? Lovely shots too, especially the grass edits, and also the graffiti on the buildings on the last shot, it really made a difference to the shot! Great work :yes:

Just a quick note on the edits: From advice from reef, in some cases using 'diffuse glow' can create an untidy shadow around the aircraft and take some of the realism of the shot away (you can see this in shot 21 of your post). After using diffuse glow you might want to fiddle with the contrast and brightness slightly to make sure you don't get too strong'a shadow. Just a little bit of advice, I hope you take it as constructive criticism and not as an offense! :thumbup:

Kind Regards,

Tap

Panos,

Very good my friend. I particularly liked the two arrival shots from the threshold of the runway.

If you're going to lose an engine, the one on the centerline is a good choice.

It appears they haven't mowed the grass at Tunis since Louis Vermin was last there in 1941.

I admire your courage with the edits. My level of artistic talent is somewhere between zero and a large negative

number, so that's something I don't even attempt. I can manage a crop - thats about as far as I'm willing to

go. Nice job on yours.

John

Wow Panos they were magnificent :thumbup:

Those are your very best shots to date well done, I think the edits were excellent and so many of them too It must have taken you ages.

Just love that retro Olympic Airlines livery it is one of my favourites.

I think for another successful landing in difficult circumstances how does another €5000 per month sound :yes:

I will get the departure board updated tonight. Thanks for getting us to Malta don't forget to pass the baton on to Tap!

Cheers

Mut: I've spent 3 hours editing them as I reedited some of them. 2) If you added another zero at the end, I'd accept it

With that descent rate perhaps you could rent yourself out to NASA for weightlessness training :rofl

Cheers!