My Desk!

Thanks Mut!

I have heard (don't have anything else to compare to) that the case provides great air-flow but isn't the quietest you can get. The noise doesn't seem to bother me though.

I know about dust too. This thing needs the front of the case (where the front fan and HDDs are) vacuumed at least once a week as it seems to attract a little dust. I don't think it gets beyond the actual case though, but I figure it's good to keep it clean.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great desks, everyone! I love that picture above your desk mutley, I have some similar to that! :wacky:

Anyway, here's my entry...

DSC00103.jpg

...apologies for the bad quality, I had to take it on my 3.3mp Sony Ericsson (my camera was out of charge!)

Regards,

George : Tap

I can remember reading dire warnings (somewhere, don't recall where) about power supply wattage and how power hungry some of the new hardware is. Since starting with my new PC I've been monitoring wattage through the front panel display on the battery backup, which displays output watts, among other things.

The highest I've seen has been about 225 watts and that only when I'm pressing it hard. The normal load is around 180-190 watts. This is a 2.40 Ghz duo-core Pentium with 4Gb of RAM and an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX.

I've been pleasantly surprised how quiet it is and how low the power requirement has been. I only hear the fan(s) in high speed for about a second during boot-up. So much for needing 700+ watt power supplies.

Manufacturers base their figures on the worse case scenario. You and I john with just a few components are okay... however, the guys with a hefty graphics card, four hard drives, and three optical drives, a usb mega monster interocitor drive from Gorts positronic network, may have an issue.

It's also worth remembering that many of the cheap PSU's don't perform anything like they say they do. Then of course we have to consider the capacitors, when they age the PSU pumps out less zero point energy from the quantum vacuum.

Scary stuff!

This is fun:

http://educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html

Mine came out at 414 watts. I actually have a 620 watt... but who knows what mysterious hardware I will fit in the future.