I'm a keep'in an eye out for all of the sim sales. My favorite time of year but not so much for the honey at home, she has other ideas about good sales and they don't seem to include FS stuff :( .Thanks to all that place the announcements here to help out :thum:

Wonder if ORBX will have a sale this year. I know they stated that they will not do sales but seem to remember one last year at this time.

Thanks for the heads up, I would like to get the Bronco.

Sadly, Orbx won't do any sale in the future, as stated on their forums some times ago.

despite the euphoria after the england release, i am willing to take odds on ftx /orbyx offering a sale before next xmas, as i think their sales have plateaued on other regions, any takers?

due to their large increase in staff they need larger turnover figures, accomplished with england, at the moment all is happy but there are some difficult months ahead and releasing 3 airports in the uk may not be enough and is there anything new coming for NZ? the silence is deafening, they can breath for the moment but I think they need to fall back on what they did better than anyone--- major airports

Time will tell

I won't take that bet. I think their no sale statement was to pacify their die hard customers that paid the big bucks but what happens when they all have everything and sales trickle down to a crawl. They would be doing the company a disservice by not lowering the prices on older stuff and having sales to stimulate the product line like you said. If they continue with this holier than thou attitude in their forum and "we have the best product" attitude and do not need to lower prices, than they just might end up alienating all the less obsessed type flight simmers. So what if you buy something today and it goes on sale a few days later, it happened to me just recently and it received a aww shucks comment from me in my mind and I moved on to more important things. Wasn't the first time and won't be the last. That's life.

I won't take that bet. I think their no sale statement was to pacify their die hard customers that paid the big bucks but what happens when they all have everything and sales trickle down to a crawl. They would be doing the company a disservice by not lowering the prices on older stuff and having sales to stimulate the product line like you said. If they continue with this holier than thou attitude in their forum and "we have the best product" attitude and do not need to lower prices, than they just might end up alienating all the less obsessed type flight simmers. So what if you buy something today and it goes on sale a few days later, it happened to me just recently and it received a aww shucks comment from me in my mind and I moved on to more important things. Wasn't the first time and won't be the last. That's life.

Couldn't agree with you more brett. Don't know why OrbX just gave in to the whiners. :(

Don't think I've bought anything since their 'last sale'. I love their products and think the Regions are tremendous value (as are their generously provided freeware airports) but the individual airports themselves are a bit pricey. I'd rather have cheaper airports without moths and stuff (that I'll never see!) flying around! These days it's becoming increasingly hard to justify the money on FS addons - especially with the wife! :(

Earlier in the year they said they might reduce the prices of their older products but nothing has happened as yet . . .

Steve

Right with ya Steve, the wife does keep an eye out for too many hobby charges but if I wasn't married I would probably spend all my money on dating and partying and be totally broke. :( I haven't gotten anything either from Orbx since the last sale, it's up to them to lower prices so us poor sim folk can enjoy their product. :D

Orbx have NZMF - Milford Sound about to hit the shelves any day now. It's a three airfield pack and the preview screenshots are absolutely stunning. Definitely on my "to buy" list. They also have Queenstown in development, but I haven't seen an ETA. Nothing announced yet for the North Island.