Learned something new today. It does not take long to fly down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, in a Cub, for some river touring. It sure does take a long time to fly back out though. :wacko2:

canyonrun.jpg

Wasser Kessel Run, hein?!? :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

According to Han Solo the Millenium Falcon was the fastest ship on the Kessel Run, smuggling spice to Coruscant whils avoiding Imperial Ships. (still not got it..watch Star Wars)

First: look how I glide my aircraft through the looming canyons of water, where one touch would spin my aircraft into oblivion. You might need to imagine the looming canyons of water :P

LOW1_zps5aabcbf4.png

How low can I go? About 8000ft! - AC is a lovely freeware Boeing T45A Goshawk. US Navy.

LOW2_zpsf9f885dd.png

Also just outside Paro, up on the road heading East. About 9000ft ASL. Same T45.

LOW3_zps94baa330.png

• 2 weeks later...

Pic 1;

Flying around the islands of Hawaii I decide to head into one of those beautiful canyons. But maybe this wasn't such a good idea since the windscreen is fogged up.... nah it'll be ok.

2013-1-18_17-9-34-458_zps95ee2587.png

Pic 2;

A2A's P-40 all dressed up to look like a RCAF Harvard

2013-1-18_17-11-29-899_zps3feb9143.png

Pic 3;

The end of the canyon is approaching fast at 200kts, and very tight.

2013-1-18_17-11-11-184_zpsb9738057.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your entries, I really think Al has nailed it with this one, just what it says in the title.

B57VNGlowGC_zpsb2f2aa1b.jpg

Well done Alan you know the routine by now! please check your PM's

Cheers,

Joe

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback, That B-57 is one of Alphasims ex-payware ones, great aircraft to fly, and she really shows why the USAF bought a British aircraft to do the job they wanted. I'll have a look at JFs goodybag again shortly. (only just got the PC back from the repair shop again! (Turned out to be Firefox Browser causing all sorts of problems,ie not letting me log into my Bank FFS !etc) Gone back to Internet Explorer now.