Ultimate Traffic 2 - I would like the easy way to add custom liveries

Hi Guys,

I would like to know the easiest way to put in real liveries for airlines in UT2? Also how to I know what airlines are running to and from my favourite airport EGNX?

It would be good for someone to zip up and torrent the liveries and configs but never happens :)

Thanks!

Jim

Jim,

Can't help on the adding of real liveries into UT2, sorry.

However, to view the schedule for your favourite airport, open UT2, click on Timetables on the left hand menu, then click on Status board (again on the left hand menu) or Electronic Statusboard in the middle of the screen. Then enter the airport code in the Search for box and the day of the week in the Select Day of Week box, both at the top of the screen and and then click View. That will display the status of all flights for the airport.

Cheers

Andrew

Open up the UT2 control panel go to the traffic options > Aircraft repaints page and choose a UT2 aircraft and match it with a FSX aircraft and paint variant. It's all the in the manual ;)

Open up the UT2 control panel go to the traffic options > Aircraft repaints page and choose a UT2 aircraft and match it with a FSX aircraft and paint variant. It's all the in the manual ;)

Cheers but I'm looking more for where people get the repaints for UT2 for FSX? I searched avsim and only found a few.

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Hi Joe, 

I am back again and looking into this friggin UT2 again :) I took a look at the screen you mentioned and just wanted to check to see if I have got this right...

I select say the airline and plane from the UT2 traffic side that I want to 'repaint' - I then select a plane and repaint on the right side that has been installed in FSX. Adding the variant into the bottom will basically replace the UT2 variant with the new one selected?

This would bring me onto my next question (sorry) - where can I get new AI aircraft/repaints to do this? I have heard Ardvark AI models on the net but aren't they for FS2004?

I am determined to get this working :)

Thanks 

Jim

Hi Jim, yep it looks as though you have the replacing the UT models with FSX ones cracked.

As for AI, I have never tampered with the likes of AI Aardvark but it doe look as though they do a few FSX models, have a look on AVSIM or flightsim.com. I also found anther, World of AI http://www.world-of-ai.com/ they may be worth a look-see?

Cheers,

Joe

OK I done it for airlines operating at EGNX as this is one of my main airports - all have new repaints from woai - new thomas cook leaving for germany in this shot...

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/10644-testing-the-new-repaint-in-ut2/

Cheers for the help it makes sense once you have done it a few times lol.

Thanks for your patience

Jim

I just imported a load of planes and liveries with the schedule too from woai. I now have Thomson Fly travelling my sim skies.

Yeah Joe I'm going to find out when I joined - on the phone at the moment so it doesn't say ;)

Its been a while!

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the necro guys, 

I'm new to the forums and was wondering if you could help me out with the replacing of the Daedalus textures with the proper liveries. Oddly enough most of the 737-800W files have that horrid default when it is set for the Delta airlines. I used KMSP as it is the nearest large airport with a high concentration of Delta airlines. I tried importing the textures and they never worked so I was wondering how you did it Jim? After I get 1 fixed the rest should come easier right?

Thanks,

Carl

In the aircraft.cfg of the plane 73H in Simobjects\UT2 Aircraft, the Daedalus is [flightsim 0]

In the line Texture=   replace by DL.DL ( this is the Delta texture under [flightsim 23] by me. I also have a Delta Old Colors )

I spent some time doing this for all UT2 aircrafts ... :)

Edited by Corsaire31

Sorry I missed this - This was a LONG time ago and I really cannot remember, plus I have formatted my machine since then so I have nothing to return back to either :( I have not done it since re-install as I don't have my traffic turned on any more (I use VATSIM so that provides my traffic).

The above comment looks like a plan though ;)

Ok thanks, I will give it a go and let you know how it works out. If it all turns out like I hope it will make my fspassengers flights that much better :pilotic:

P.S Corsaire31 I replace just the default texture right? The one under fltsim. 0? Will that ruin other textures from displaying correctly?

Edited by Col_Trautman