Air Hauler and helipads question

Long time since using Air Hauler - too much going on, but...

I remember using helicopters in AH and having to land on the numbers - i.e. touch-down on a runway and not the ramp or helipad. I guess this is still the case? Other than default (M.S. generated) helipads - which are few and far between outside major international airports - will AH handle helipads that I insert as Add-On scenery? If you could point me to the right information I'd be most grateful - Thanks! :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

I don't really know, Dai. My best suggestion would be a throw-away test company with the job distance and AC range set very short and a base somewhere in an airport-rich environment to "test the waters".

I do know that at the instant of touchdown AH uses FSUIPC to grab the "surface type" and if it doesn't match the runways available it assumes an off-airport landing. I assume that landing on a helipad, taxiway or a ramp would not be a problem, but the grass alonside or between might very well be. If you don't land on a proper surface, FSUIPC returns the landclass for the surrounding area - that means it may look like mown grass to you but might very well be "Urban" or "Forest" to AH with unpleasant financial results.

John

We had a great trip and the WX in Colorado was benign for the week we were there. Lived at 7,000' MSL and spent one day at 8,400'. Slow walking on level ground is quite enough in the rare air, thank you.

John

I visited Denver and the surrouding area once, beautiful place. Nice clean city and the folks were real pleasant. :D  Funny thing though was, I went out to eat dinner in a tee-shirt but when we came out of the restaurant it was snowing. :huh:  Strangest weather change I ever saw. :cool: