Riverview and Flournoy Valley

Hello all.
These are 2 airstrips I have been working on recently, they are located in Southern Oregon , and sit within Orbx's PNW regionpack. I will be doing one more airport in the area before I release the package as a low cost payware.

All objects are modelled from scratch with full autogen annotation and 4 seasons PR covering an area around the airstrips. So far I have had no impact on performance.

I will certainly give you guys a review copy once i'm done ;)

Flournoy Valley

Fvms4.jpg

VhNM4.jpg

ErCnX.jpg

RuO4N.jpg

bqGn.jpg

XYlUS.jpg

gKVNT.jpg

jIklr.jpg

SMJjR.jpg

rx93M.jpg

iKjhT.jpg

Riverview

fZ3xd.jpg

t7g0G.jpg

uKbA.jpg

E7uIt.jpg

LWTQ.jpg

otvql.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Misha,

Thanks for sharing, the scenery has a very rustic feel about it, the vegetation is superb, definitely payware quality.

Hopefully it is not too resource hungry? although with your experience of scenery design I expect it wont be. .

When you're ready just drop me a PM and I will get a reviewer on it.

Cheers,

Joe.

Thank you guys!

Joe I have been very efficient with the textures, so the drawcalls are minimum, altogether all the buildings use 4 texture sheets, the vegetation 2 texture sheets, and other clutter and objects another few texture sheets. As for polygons I have got a tester with a 2.26 ghz computer so with different settings we will see how it runs on his :)

If it does not run well I will adjust the scenery accordingly.

Thanks Misha,

I know it's difficult to please everyone and those simmers who have high spec machines would want to see every level of detail without loosing performance.

I guess those that already have Orbx scenery are used to tweaking the density and complexity settings so would know what to expect here.

Very nice indeed Misha. Beautifully detailed and atmospheric.

I like these little airstrips in the PNW interior.

Can't wait to see it in it's entirety

Thanks for taking the time to do these for us. :thum:

Hi all,
development is very far in now and I can show some extensive shots of the overall area :)

lN3BS.jpg

2rWE.jpg

H8mR1.jpg

4kNpU.jpg

OvBtK.jpg

c0dCe.jpg

yf8Xd.jpg

Just to show that I am not joking about performance, this shot here is taken facing the airstrip as well as all the details within it, as well as the river, houses and all the trees that have been annotated. All autogen and scenery settings are at max (except water which is mid 2x) and I am running overcast weather with weather sliders on max, LOD is set to 8.5 in cfg (which makes fsx work nearly 2x faster than normal) and AA is set at 8x in nvidia inspector. Notice the fps in the top left hand corner :)

nEySx.jpg