here's a new one to put to the back of the brain for future use.

Is it impossible for fsx to run properly for more than a few weeks or is it the huge amount of stuff we install/uninstall/try that makes it throw a wobbly?

Whatever------

This week fired up fsx as usual and also REX, waited for it to download the weather and off we went, except that after a few minutes of flying I got a notice saying that there was an internet program running,  and it was slowing fsx and internet, did i want to stop this program ? (not the exact wording but this was the gist of it) as rex appeared to be working ok i said stop it, a short while later it reappeared , and kept reappearing regularly, whether i clicked on yes or no it made no difference, i soon realised that it coincided with every time that rex wanted to update the weather. ok I knew what program it was but why had it never done this before? and why now?

A reboot will fix that!!!   ---- no it didnt!!

coincidentally a few days earlier i had fired up flight sim commander 9.2 to do a flight plan,, but when i asked it to use the gps and follow my flight, it threw a wobbly and said that for some obscure reason the gps wouldnt work ("unable to connect to fightsim Message # process responsible) .

Bah humbug!!!

the newly installed Aivlasoft worked perfectly including folowing the flight location why does one program do it  and another not?

In rex, the plane in the little screen still followed the location of the flight, but  fsc  would have nothing of it

what to do??

the gps's in the various a/c worked fine

did a websearch and noted various people had come up with the same faults as I, but without correcting it, after much searching found a thread that intimated a problem with FSUIPC, so I copied this from another hard drive into the modules directory,,,,, no change

before tearing my hair out in desperation I downloaded and reinstalled a newer version of  FSUIPC and guess what??

it cured it!!!

drink UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The latest I expect John, it is in constant development and programs that use the interface sometimes introduce new, or unfound, bugs.

Fortunately, Peter Dowson is a conscientious and talented developer so it pays to keep FSUIPC up to date.

Thanks for the heads up BF this is one to add to the knowledge base.

Cheers.... Joe