I have looked at your forum called "Missing Addon Menu", but I just couldn't see what problem I have with not being able to see my addon menu. I have reinstalled fsx and still no addon menu. Could somebody please check my dll.xml file below and tell me what is wrong? :)

dll.jpg

i-7fsHNzb-S.jpg

Your file looks OK. Except that there should be no (-) at the beginning of the lines   <Launch.Addon>

Yours look like this:   -   <Launch.Addon> (Might just be whatever you're using to display the file - try the default MS Notepad).

They should just look like this:    <Launch.Addon>

My dll.xml file has these differences from yours...

Second Line: <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> (same variables, different order)

Path Lines: Mine all include the full path right from the drive designator, e.g.:

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FlightSimTools.com\Airport Wizard\AirportWizardFSX.dll</Path>

As March noted, my "Launch" lines do not have the leading "-" character.

John

For what it's worth here's the entire text of mine.

As John Allard notes, the variables are the same but the first line has the order reversed.

If you look mine over - the paths are all over the map: some are complete and some are truncated. All seem to work. In fact, one of them points nowhere as the iFly software has been removed from my computer. This does not seem to cause any grief. The item does not show up in the Add-ons Menu.

I'm using essentially the same system - FSX Acceleration on Win7 Pro

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>iFly Menu</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\FSX\Modules\iFly737NG.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSWidgets EFBFSX</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSWidgets\EFBFSX\EFBFSX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>PDFKneeboard</Name>
        <Path>.\modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path>
        <Commandline/>
   </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>RealTrim</Name>
        <Path>.\modules\realtrim.dll</Path>
        <Commandline/>
   </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
        <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I have read about this problem before and the answers are all over the place. I notice you have Acceleration installed so that knocks out the "you need SP1 and SP2 installed" answer unless your new install was not complete.

Others say it depends on whether or not your in windows mode but that's garbage because my menu bar shows up in both when pressing on the Alt key for me. 

Some folks say you need the full path but all of mine works and some sections do not have the full path. A few start with "C:\" and some start with "..\" and a few have nothing but the folder names "<Path>A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll</Path>" so I'm not sure what is up with how that works. Even if one of the paths is incorrect the AddOn button should still appear if not the addon itself. But better safe than sorry. It might matter if any of the addons in question are on another separate drive.

Below I have posted a section of my dll.xml from my C:\Users\Brett\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder and, like the others above, what I have marked in red are the only differences I see between yours and mine.

I would recommend changing the items in red after saving(backup) the original and checking all paths actually lead to the DLL in question. Close completly out of FSX and shut down your PC before restarting. See if it shows.

I have had this same problem myself many times after a reinstall along with so many other people. Sometimes it just magically appears all of a sudden and I am not sure what I did. Other times I resorted to installing a backup of the dll.xml from a time when it did work. Good luck.        

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

*****Deleted to save space*******
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

EDIT: I apologize for my manners.

Welcome to the site and I hope you find a way to make this work. I will keep researching this and let you know if I find anything, so check back in once in awhile.