Sign in to follow this  
dodgy-alan

Black Magic

DH-88 Comet, G-ACSP Black Magic. One of three similar aircraft built to take part in the 1934 London to Melbourne air race. This one was later sold to Portugal and was rediscoverd in 1979. It is currently undergoing a very slow restoration. http://www.cometracer.co.uk/  The design of the DH-88 led directly to the famous Mosquito in WW2.

The model is one of the default FS2004 aircaft which rarely sees light of day,(simply because it doesn't fit in with any of the scenarios that I operate in!) anyway, hope you like the results.

Parked with her sistership Grosvenor House

DH-88spkd_zpsc576ec00.jpg

Starting engines

Blackmagicengst_zps40be6d83.jpg

Taxy out

blackmagictaxi_zps74185cc9.jpg

lift off

blackmagictoff_zps3abb1fb7.jpg

climbing away

blackmagic_zpsece814ce.jpg

Buzzing Old Warden

BlackMagicturn_zps64fcf8b4.jpg

up close and personal

blackMagicclose_zpsf307d2f9.jpg

Black Magic Sunset

blackmagicsunset_zps59712c02.jpg

thanks for viewing

Nice set of shots Alan of a great looking aircraft, it would be something special to see her fly. :thumbup: for real.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I don't often use the default aircraft but this one is rather nice. 

Brett, The Tucker Torpedo was a superb car, I've always got a soft spot for the late 40s and 50s cars, they seemed to reflect the age of the new jet aircraft in their styling and just looked superb. Probably my favourite was the 59 Cadillac Eldorado, Huge great thing with massive tail fins,and tail lights that looked like afterburners! Awesome!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1959+cadillac+eldorado+pictures&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=WdraUYmkNsOJ0AWv0oGYAg&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=643

I've got a beautiful pink and white one at home here, together with a 58 version in Bronze. both about 15 inches long!. fabulous cars!