Sign in to follow this  
Ruzzo

What did you spot today?

While waiting at our gate in Orlando last Saturday, saw Virgin Atlantic's 747-400 Jersey Girl, G-VGAL, arrive.

John

G-XLEA A380-800 from LAX enroute to LHR.

G-STBH 777-300 enroute to JFK from LHR.

These new 15x70 binoculars of mine are spectacular!

I think there was an Ilyushin 4-jet the other day over my house... I swear I've seen a VC10 doing touch-and-go at RNAS Yeovilton down the road but might be mistaken. Only contrails in the distance of the transatlantic bunch heading along the south coast today.

Just spotted RA-82068, An-124 at FL160 over my house! What a sight and the first Russian made aircraft in my spotting logbook! Well chuffed!

once again we have had the A350's (2 of them doing air tests) and the beluga going back and forth

350.jpg

350gg.jpg

guppy.jpg

Are you sure it's not Putins' airforce. He might want to annex Wales next. :)

He may do a better job, than the motley lot who call themselves AM's now..  :D

He's got a few other pieces further east to gobble up first, but will, until he's stopped. If I were Hungary, Belarus, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia, I'd be pretty worried right now.

John

I spotted two blimps.  No, I don't mean fat people.  Goodyear houses one of it's blimps, The Spirit of Innovation, in Pompano Beach, FL and it is a frequent sight around here.  I've actually gone flying in it three times. :)

The Spirit of Goodyear, from Akron, Ohio is retiring and will be dismantled next year, and has been housed in Pompano Beach for the winter. Every once in a while they are both flying together.

it's not a great pic, snapped with an iPhone while driving.

TwoBlimps_zps21255ba3.jpg

Saw C-FJHQ, a UN Dash 7 at FL140 earlier. I could just make out the UN markings on the tail but it was a few miles away so I couldn't get a good view of her. 

Looks like there was a fuel dumping overhead today. Trails were visible but not from the engines. Times like these I wish I had an airband scanner.

They're rather inexpensive.  Can't you pick one up somewhere or are they not legal in the U.K.?

So, UA959 had a fuel sensor issue and made an emergency landing at Heathrow.

Richard, they are legal and am planning on getting one. It just happened that an emergency cropped up when I don't have one.

Richard, they are legal and am planning on getting one. It just happened that an emergency cropped up when I don't have one.

That's always how it is. Never got ot when you need it. :)

Contrail spotting..

EI-DVN 

N867DA 

EI-DLW

N851GT

G-VSSH

EI-EBA

EI-EPU

N347UP

G-EZFG

C-FIUL

G-OOBC

G-ZBAP

OO-VLP

G-RAES

G-CIVU

That's always how it is. Never got ot when you need it. :)

Indeed they are legal in the UK. However:

• Using anything listen in to any transmissions without the express permission of the sender is not.
  • Listening to transmissions made by any of the emergency services and ATC is expressly not allowed, and is an offence. (This is why you cant get streamed UK ATC on the web).
  • Using a scanner is against the law (according to OFcom). Yes it is OK to own one, but you cant use it!

Work that out and use at your own risk.