mutley

Word(s) association game

Money for nothin' and your chicks for free....Dire Straits 1985

http://youtu.be/JRDgihVDEko

I have found that over confidence can often lead to Arrogance in some people.

• Haha 1

Arrogance, Ignorance and Greed. Great album and single by British Folk band Show of Hands.

Edited by dodgy-alan
  • Thanks 1

Have to say I have never come across them Alan.  They sound good though. Thanks for the HU.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dogtrack said:

Have to say I have never come across them Alan.  They sound good though. Thanks for the HU.

They are a great band, we've met them several times and have all their albums. When they played at Bognor a few years ago I got them to dedicate that particular track to our District Council as they are not exactly popular round here! I didn't know if they would, but singer Steve Knightley actually did and got a loud cheer from large numbers of the audience! They are often controversial  with some of their songs but they really hit the popular zeitgeist with a lot of their lyrics. They hail from Devon and many of the songs are written about that area.  The Album "Wake the Union" was a fusion of British and American stories and one of the tracks, "Katrina" was written about the Hurricane that hit a few years ago, part of the song was recorded in a place where the wind could be heard hitting the studio! It is very poignant. Look 'em up, I think you'll enjoy the music.

• Thanks 1