need some help please

I know that I always seem to be looking for help on here and this time is no different. I have purchased an Aerosoft/Sim Wings download of EGLL. Problem is its been sitting as a zip file in my download  folder for the last week as I do not know how too install it and the instruction manual is in  the zip file.

Also one more thing recently I was looking at a thread where various people itemised in their opinion the best add-on recently, can anyone point me to that thread?

Patrick, we're here to help and maybe some more tec folks can answer this but from what I remember with Aerosoft zips is go to the folder and right click and then left click Extract All and then follow on screen instructions which should then install.

Your second question, I think you mean the add on awards which was just before last Xmas, I'll see if I can find it for you. :thum:

Hi Patrick, everyone learns from your questions so keep them coming. :)

Geoff is correct in his zip file extraction answer, after extraction is completed a new unzipped file will appear in the same location as the original zipped folder. I tend to keep the original zip folder in a safe place(external hard drive) so that I can use it if things go south on my system. I usually add a text file to it with my purchase information in case I need to reinstall it. This way I do not have to go back to the store for a new download.

Mutley's Hangar End of Year Awards: Results! 2012 can be found here, the 2013 year awards can be found here.

Patric, you have Brett to thank for the zip info as he kindly answered the same question for me some time ago. :hat: :hat: to Brett.

Thanks Geoff, and I learned it from someone else on an fs forum. That is one of the reasons I love this hobby so much, there are so many helpful folks out there and here that take the time to help others. If it wasn't for that, this hobby would have been binned by me a long time ago, this is a never ending learning experience. So thanks to everyone. :)  :hat:

• Like 1

You are very welcome. :)

If you have some specific areas that you would like to improve in your sim, aircraft, scenery and the like, ask away and folks can give you more detailed information about what they are using to date.