Fokker F27 HPC programming in FSUIPC

Hi all

As part of the Christmas sale at Just Flight, I managed to grab a bargain in the Fokker F27 Friendship, but am having some trouble trying to assign the HPC (High Pressure Cock) in FSUIPC as the functionality doesn't appear to exist anywhere in Peter Dowson's arsenal of pre-sets.

I'm using my dual set of Saitek throttle quadrants with the throttle Axis set up on 2 levers, but try as I might, I can't get anything to move the HPC levers in FSX. 

According to the JF manual, there are 4 settings..

• Prop Feather  (I was planning on using the area below the detent on the Saitek as a 'button' for prop feather)
  • HPC Shut .. this should work like a fuel cut off 
  • HPC Open.. fuel is open (maybe like a 'mixture rich', but not sure)
  • Lock out ... this locks out the propeller gearbox (no idea what the equivalent FSX/FSUIPC state that could be!)

I have tried setting the axis to 4 'areas' in FSUIPC with each area being responsible for one of the HPC positions, but nothing will move those levers in FSX. I've tried Mixture and prop axis as well, just to waste a few more minutes of my Saturday morning, to no avail. :gaah:

Does anyone have any bright ideas ?

Cheers guys (and gals)

Sorry Steph, saw this this morning (UTC -8) and was on the way out the door, so no reply.

If you know what the control does - fuel cutoff, etc., look for the "Function" in FSUIPC, rather than the exact nomenclature. I believe that the dev for FSIUIPC is American, so you're unlikely to find British or European terms. Tyres will be Tires. "I'll knock you up in the morning" is not something you say to a young lady over 'ere.

Lock out? you're on your own there, never heard of it. We use them on sailboats to prevent the prop spinning while sailing. Called a shaft lock. Rugby players also have a "Lock" - tall guy who jumps for the ball at the line-out. YMMV.

Sorry Steph, saw this this morning (UTC -8) and was on the way out the door, so no reply.

If you know what the control does - fuel cutoff, etc., look for the "Function" in FSUIPC, rather than the exact nomenclature. I believe that the dev for FSIUIPC is American, so you're unlikely to find British or European terms. Tyres will be Tires. "I'll knock you up in the morning" is not something you say to a young lady over 'ere.

Lock out? you're on your own there, never heard of it. We use them on sailboats to prevent the prop spinning while sailing. Called a shaft lock. Rugby players also have a "Lock" - tall guy who jumps for the ball at the line-out. YMMV.

Cheers for the reply John.

I could have sworn that Peter Dowson was English, but those phrases do seem to be a tad out of place... "knock you up" .. really ? :rofl:

I've had a bash at setting up the lever in FSUIPC, but as its an axis and not a button, it might be an idea for me to use some of the buttons under the levers on my Saitek to assign the commands.. only problem is the Lock bit..

Hi Steph,

I took a quick look and I couldn't assign that lever either, it's not an axis in the conventional sense.

There was some conversation about it over on the JF forum.. http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25988&title=fokker-f27-prop-mixture

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe

Thanks for the link. I stumbled upon that one yesterday which explains it pretty well. Thinking that the lever isn't the way to go now I've given it some more thought, and am toying with using the rocker buttons below the levers. Just need to try and find a command in FSUIPC to do the pitch lock.. I'm not sure there is one.

I've posted a request on the JF forum to see if they have any ideas, but failing that, I might just have to stump up the courage to post the query on Peter's forum, but it looks a bit of a scary place for a meek and mild lady such as myself, lol ;)

If I figure it out, or get any responses that work, I'll update the post in case anyone else wants to try them out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

Just to update this thread with the response I got from Just Flight..

Unfortunately the HPC levers are 'custom-coded' and the developer didn't provide a means of controlling them using another axis (e.g. mixture or prop), so I don't believe that they can be controlled using a keyboard or joystick assignment.

Doesn't look like even FSUIPC can solve this one.

Moving on....