Jump to content

Captain Sim 777 or PMDG 777 ? 777 or PMDG 777 ?


Recommended Posts

Can you guys recommend to me either Captain Sim 777 or PMDG 777, I have read great things about PMDG but  Captain Sim 777 is including some really nice toys such as great interior  cabin views, adjustable captains seat and electronic  flight bag. Will my ASN work with it and my ATC which is PRO ACT. As I cannot find any reviews does know what flight plan extension they use like PMDG .rte and FSX.pln

 

thanks

 

Fintan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about the Captain Sim version but I have the PMDG version and it's a great piece of kit. I still go back to my 737 NGX though :)

 

If it was me I look at the detail of the systems and how much of the real aircraft has been developed. PMDG do a great deal of detail of all the systems and that's what I like.  If the plane didn't go to this level then it would put me off these days. 

 

Once again though, I do not know anything about the captain sim version and may very well have all the same features I really couldn't comment.

 

Good luck - I look forward to seeing some T7 shots in the near future :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy Fintan...welcome to Mutley's (he says 3 posts late :) ). ...the main reason for chiming in here. Because despite being very impressed by Capt Sim products (c-130, 727,707), as I own NO PMDG products, nor anything Modern in the CS line... I can't compare or seriously advise. Also, as I am a more casual flyer than some, reviewing specific systems capabilities if that level of accuracy is important, will be more than likely, the deciding factor. I bet they are both lovely rendered planes.

 

Hopefully someone who owns the specific models will chime in soon and give their impressions, if not of Both, at least of the one they are flying.

 

Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have CS 777 however I have only loaded it up but never used it properly. There are some manuals however there is no tutorial, yes I know you can google and watch endless you tube videos but I like aircraft like this to have a tutorial flight. So in short whilst it looks good and costs less than PMDG I wish I had not bothered. I am glad I got it in a sale....

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, wain said:

I have CS 777 however I have only loaded it up but never used it properly. There are some manuals however there is no tutorial, yes I know you can google and watch endless you tube videos but I like aircraft like this to have a tutorial flight. So in short whilst it looks good and costs less than PMDG I wish I had not bothered. I am glad I got it in a sale....

 

I found that with the CS 767 with no tutorials it was hard to make a start. I am quite experienced in the airlines now and all seem to have the same kind of procedures in terms of startup and all that jazz but I still found it difficult. The main bug for me is the FMC programming - I may not have given it a good chance but I found my PMDG planes a little more friendly (who would have thought I would have said that to such a complex aircraft from PMDG).

Link to post
Share on other sites

again thanks to everyone who replied, I think I have come down on the side of PMDG as what I can glean from my research that  the CS777 FMC is not great. From what  I can

gather the CS777 has great eye candy which I must   admit attracted me in the first instance

 

Fintan

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
20 hours ago, UKJim said:

All i am going to say is 'wingflex baby'! :)

 

Also - if you like your eye candy - go and look at PMDG 777 Immersion ;) I have it for the T7 and NGX - looks fantastic!

 

thanks Jim, I think I have most of that from Steve's DX10 fixer, the  eye candy I am looking for which is  on the CS777 is the  detailed cabin including lavatories, galley etc, electronic adjustable captain seat and most of all the electronic flight bag, which must work  of the flight plan and gives you chats of your SIDs, Enoute airways, STAR and Airport terminal   

 

Fintan

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, FSX Mad said:

thanks Jim, I think I have most of that from Steve's DX10 fixer, the  eye candy I am looking for which is  on the CS777 is the  detailed cabin including lavatories, galley etc, electronic adjustable captain seat and most of all the electronic flight bag, which must work  of the flight plan and gives you chats of your SIDs, Enoute airways, STAR and Airport terminal   

 

Fintan

 

I hear you - I think the EFB is a good thing to have if it is available, but it must work well imo. You can always do a step through on the FMC and watch the plan on the screen to check your SIDs, STARs etc. That is how I done it before I went out and bought PFPX - now that is a great tool when flying the airliners like a T7 and 737. It can even generate flight routes for you and calculate the performance element during landing and takeoff if you have TOPCAT installed too. 

 

All in all though I think if you are leaning towards PMDG, then imo it is the better choice :) You could always use FS Commander to plan your flights too - it is free for 15mins I believe, good enough to plan a route, SID and STAR.

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for that Jim but now another problem has cropped up  I fly on FSXSE  and my  sim has suddenly  started failing to launch . A friend told me to reinstall FSXSE but that  would mean having to reinstall everything again including scenery, airports and aircraft etc. I had thought one of the reasons in buying FSXSE was never having to do this again like in FSX. Any ideas?

 

I think my problem may be sim-connect  related

 

Fintan

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FSX Mad said:

thanks for that Jim but now another problem has cropped up  I fly on FSXSE  and my  sim has suddenly  started failing to launch . A friend told me to reinstall FSXSE but that  would mean having to reinstall everything again including scenery, airports and aircraft etc. I had thought one of the reasons in buying FSXSE was never having to do this again like in FSX. Any ideas?

 

I think my problem may be sim-connect  related

 

Fintan

 

Ok I also have fsxse and had this problem too but I'm sure I just reinstalled everything. The other things to try is delete your fsx.cfg file and let fsxse create a new one.

Reinstall simconnect from the fsxse directory (Google exact location)

Look at the windows event logs after a crash to see if that points in any direction. 

 

You can also verifh local data with fsxse in steam - I think any files that are changed or missing gets re downloaded. 

Good luck with this mate

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks for that Jim in the end I just deleted everything and did a reinstall (pain in the a**) and everything  seems ok, however I just noticed that I forgot to put back DX10 do I need it, I do not fly slow and low but mainly jets

 

Fintan

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, FSX Mad said:

thanks for that Jim in the end I just deleted everything and did a reinstall (pain in the a**) and everything  seems ok, however I just noticed that I forgot to put back DX10 do I need it, I do not fly slow and low but mainly jets

 

Fintan

 

Honestly speaking, DX10 is great for me as it has nice shadows and other effects - but if it is causing crashes or bad performance then I'd recommend sticking with staying on DX9. Personally I would install that back in, convert all your effects and see how that goes. 

DX10 requires quite a lot of further tweaking, so if you are all 'tweaked' out then maybe leave it for anotehr day ;)

With DX10 fixer, don't forget to run Nvidia Inspector and set that up as per the guide/manual. Also, if you are having bad performance, maybe look at turning anti-aliasing off too, I find that hogs quite a lot of resource too. 

 

My last comment is very generic, but I think very important to people tweaking FSX - only perform one action at a time and keep as much as you can constant in between tweaks! So when I tweak, I only make one change at a time - then I go into the sim at the same airport, same plane, same weather EVERYTHING, and then verify my changes. 

 

Good luck - looking forward to seeing some screens mate ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...