Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
UKJim

Connie Cruise

Recommended Posts

nice shot Jim, do you know I still have never completed a flight in that, can't figure the thing out....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting angle, love the Connie, I used to see them regularly at Heathrow when I lived next to the airport in the early 60s.  The sound of the big piston aircraft is something very special indeed. We got the lot, Connies, Stratocruisers, DC3s,4s,6s and 7s, Breguets , Curtiss Commandos etc.  However they were soon mostly replaced by jets and turboprops. Happy times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wain said:

nice shot Jim, do you know I still have never completed a flight in that, can't figure the thing out....

Omg that is criminal! You should join me on my stream one night and I'll fly it. It's really not that hard to be honest once you done it couple of times. 

I found this a while back and it's the best item in my inventory for the Connie. It's a checklist that shows you everything you need to do as the pilot and engineer. Check it out...

Connie checklist

If you every need help give me a shout ;)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/01/2019 at 17:36, UKJim said:

Omg that is criminal! You should join me on my stream one night and I'll fly it. It's really not that hard to be honest once you done it couple of times. 

I found this a while back and it's the best item in my inventory for the Connie. It's a checklist that shows you everything you need to do as the pilot and engineer. Check it out...

Connie checklist

If you every need help give me a shout ;)

cheers Jim, I finally worked out that my engine was always cutting out as I had accidentally ticked auto-mixture box in sim settings, read about over at A2A....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wain said:

cheers Jim, I finally worked out that my engine was always cutting out as I had accidentally ticked auto-mixture box in sim settings, read about over at A2A....

Oh man that's a good spot - at least you can keep them going now. 

Just a word of warning these engines don't like to start in really cold weather. If you anticipate cold weather, read about oil dilution in the manual ;)

Hope to see some shots in here soon mate :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×