Jump to content
dnunes

Waypoints not found in P3D

Recommended Posts

Hello!

I am now preparing my navigation for the first legs of MEBAR. I have been working in the first three legs and had the following problems:

a) Flight Leg 2: I could not find waypoint 6 - PRV NDB

b) Flight Leg 3: Waypoint 3 - Z11W: what is it?

I am running P3Dv4.4 and Plan G.

I hope someone can help...

Regards,

Domingos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Domingos,

I can't look now but will get back to you in the morning, unless Andrew answers over night.

Felicidades!

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Domingos, 

The PRV NDB is, I believe, Aktion Airport.

and Z11W is Komotini Airport.

If I'm wrong, Andrew will correct me.

Good luck with MEBAR.

regards

Brian

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dnunes said:

Hello!

I am now preparing my navigation for the first legs of MEBAR. I have been working in the first three legs and had the following problems:

a) Flight Leg 2: I could not find waypoint 6 - PRV NDB

b) Flight Leg 3: Waypoint 3 - Z11W: what is it?

I am running P3Dv4.4 and Plan G.

I hope someone can help...

Regards,

Domingos

Domingos,

Just to be sure, the route for the MEBARs are always created using standard default installs of FS9, FSX, and P3D. In the case of P3D, it is created using P3D Ver 3 and then checked against the current version of P3D Ver 4 which is a specific build on my main flight sim computer. So, I can confirm all airports, VORs, and NDBs should exist unless participants have add on scenery which alters or removes default install scenery.

As Brian has correctly indicated, the PRV NDB is co-located with Aktion Airport (LGPZ), and Z11W is Komotini Airport.

The following are the geographic coordinates for the PRV NDB and Z11W airport:

  • PRV NDB - N38° 55' 00.00", E20° 46' 00.00"; and
  • Z11W - N41° 5' 51.00", E25° 19' 09.00".

Cheers
Andrew

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have just completed my test flight, and registered. Have looked through most of the requirements etc, but I see no mention of the speed requirements. Having been caught out in last years rally, which required G/S, instead of IAS, what is the speed required this year.

Why has LGAT been picked as the start, instead of LGAV. LGAT is closed and not used anymore, and LGAV is now the official airport for Athens.

Cheers,

 

Neil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CAT3508 said:

Have just completed my test flight, and registered. Have looked through most of the requirements etc, but I see no mention of the speed requirements. Having been caught out in last years rally, which required G/S, instead of IAS, what is the speed required this year.

Why has LGAT been picked as the start, instead of LGAV. LGAT is closed and not used anymore, and LGAV is now the official airport for Athens.

Cheers,

 

Neil

Whilst the MEBAR has always been designed to provide a challenge, first and foremost it is intended to be fun. Consequently, we use a combination of liberal artistic licence and embellishment for the purposes of making the event fun. This is evident in the play on words in the event tagline for this year's MEBAR, "Grease is the Word!".

The reality that LGAT was closed in 2001 but still exists in every major flight simulator (except maybe X-Plane, but I don't have that so I can't confirm it) produced since, sits on about the same reality level as pretending to fly an aircraft whilst sitting at a computer in a room in a house.

Notwithstanding the reality level, using the combination of liberal artistically licence and embellishment is clearly evident in the second paragraph of the Flight Leg Navigation Instructions for Flight Leg 1 where an explanation about the use of LGAT is provided.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and on the far more important question of Speed Requirements, see the page on the MEBAR site titled, "Target Speeds & Results". I thought that one was slightly more obvious.

Cheers
Andrew

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andrew, thanks for the answers, yes, it was obvious once I read it, must be old age creeping up. My flight planner does not recognise LGAT, so I've resorted to LGAV.

Thanks for the effort and work that you have put into creating the rally, it must take up a fair bit of your time, but it is appreciated.

Cheers,

 

Neil

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CAT3508 said:

Hi Andrew, thanks for the answers, yes, it was obvious once I read it, must be old age creeping up. My flight planner does not recognise LGAT, so I've resorted to LGAV.

Thanks for the effort and work that you have put into creating the rally, it must take up a fair bit of your time, but it is appreciated.

Cheers,

 

Neil

 

All is good Neil. Just out of curiosity, what flight planner are you using? As some, if not most, flight planners will use a database build based on your specific flight simulator set-up, I wonder what has occurred for LGAT to not be recognised in your set-up of P3D unless you have installed some add-on scenery which has removed it?

Cheers
Andrew

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

For P3D, in case Fllytampa's LGAV is installed i found that renaming and temporarily disabling the two files below :

LGAT_ADEX_FLYTAMPA.BGL

LGAT_ADEX_FLYTAMPA_CVX.BGL

solves the  issue of LGAT not showing up. Then in your planner (tested with Plan G and Little navmap just choose to view the original scenery and you are good to go.

Many thanks to Andrew for another mebar, really looking forward to flying in my home country.

I appreciate ''resurrecting'' LGAT, I used to live  a mile from the threshold of 15L, really enjoying the Olympic  742's departing 33R for New York and Toronto.

A reason to always leave the Sunday lunch table around 1400 local time.

Majority of GA planes are now in LGMG and LGTT since LGEL and LGTG are  primarily military.

Have fun everyone!

Best regards

Thanos Anogiatis

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoying the MEBAR! It is a nice way of getting an idea of the Greek islands. I have just flown Leg 4: Surprise! The Kasos runway is half over water! I am running P3Dv4.5, with OrbX Europe. Has someone else an identical situation?

Regards,

Domingos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dnunes said:

Enjoying the MEBAR! It is a nice way of getting an idea of the Greek islands. I have just flown Leg 4: Surprise! The Kasos runway is half over water! I am running P3Dv4.5, with OrbX Europe. Has someone else an identical situation?

Regards,

Domingos

Domingos,

I am still running P3D Ver 4.4 but that shouldn't make any difference as the Ver 4.5 upgrade didn't include and major scenery upgrades. However, I do have Orbx Global BASE, Global VECTOR, the Global openLC range and all the region packs installed.

For me, Kasos (LGKS) appears correctly aligned on the coast with land surrounding the airport area and the runway does not extend into the water anywhere. From what you describe, it sounds like it is vectors issue which in my case the Global VECTOR add-on has correctly aligned the coastline to the position of the airport.

Cheers
Andrew

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Andrew,

While preparing the flights I was still with 4.4 and the airport was just the same. I have Global Base and openLC Europe. It must be VECTOR that is making the the difference.

Regards,

Domingos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...