radeon hd4850

hi all what do you think about this graphic card?i have been doing my own research on the google and got some positive reviews.

would like your thoughts.

getting myself a brand new rig in the coming months,got my eye on one already just doing my homework.

thanks mick

hi all what do you think about this graphic card?i have been doing my own research on the google and got some positive reviews.

would like your thoughts.

getting myself a brand new rig in the coming months,got my eye on one already just doing my homework.

thanks mick

MIck, if you can, leave the 48xx series in the store. The 57xx and 58xx series are far better, and not much more costly. The 58xx series is, if you take a look the hardware forums both here and at JF, very highly regarded and will offer much more forward planning as they include the very new DX11 technologies that will be used by the newer games as they come out later this and early next year. For example, the HD5850 card, at the moment, seems to bee keeping up, and sometimes even marginally bypassing, the high-end nVidia GTX280 cards...and at one point not so long ago they were the bees knees!!