Sign in to follow this  
Clem Wu

Miniature America

Hi all!

I would like to start my 2013 set of screenshots with this set :) It's a technique called tilt-shift, which makes things 'miniature' with some blurring. First time using this effect, enjoy!

sPgC.jpg

TrVH1.jpg

34RmJ.jpg

Mv3w.jpg

zMZk.jpg

AJsU8.jpg

Twg6s.jpg

1XvfL.jpg

Feedback appreciated! Cheers :)

Always wanted a Tilt & Shift lens, but alas too expensive given the minimal usage. Nice Depth of Field effect there Clem.

Anyone fancy trying their hand at "fake T & S" the easy way, get yourself a copy of the free Photoscape program http://photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php (small blue button). Open the EDITOR tab, hit the FILTER button and select FAKE T & S. That is after you have opened a photo in the Editor. It is a very neat program for free.

Very nice, Clem. Have never seen FS screenshots that looked remotely like that. Still kind of model-ish, but a very unique way of seeing FS.

John

Look at the itty bitty people and planes...how cute. :D

That a really cool affect. I was just looking at the video of that model city and airport in Germany(?) and it reminded me of that. What do they use to make the miniature cities look lifesize though? ;)

Thank you very much! Yeah there's a miniature airport in Germany too, very neat. No idea how they make it look so realistic and lifesize for sure! :)