Airport Diagrams - May 2013 Additions and Updates

5/1/13 Airport Diagrams

Note:  Links in this article are no longer functional.  As of June 2017, the MH File Library no longer exists, nor can airport diagrams be downloaded individually.  Instead there's a new Airport Diagram Download Center available here...

Only bundle downloads are supported now, mainly by country, but also by state/province in the case of the US, Canada and Australia.
Subscriptions, requests, on-demand bulk transfers and e-mail fulfillment of individual airport files are available on that page.

New:

ENKR Hoybuktmoen - Kirkenes, Norway

y4mVd4jb9TKkRBOjh-5hetWmODiKbWkoO8YRb6zS

ENVD Vadso - Vadso, Norway

y4mFKWdFYs3WNxptAvPu_dtuhtajFVps5C8h1liy

ENSS Svartnes - Vardo, Norway

y4mjAhxFrWY0Ls84VcLNqaaJai-nLq1ZbGdCO1QT

ENBS Batsfjord - Batsfjord, Norway

y4m1sv9Q9HfkjeyVV4XoY7-h2uoQg1gXyv5aPAFN

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,950; downloads 2,346; subscribers 14

No, the random lists didn't puke out four in a row from Norway. I have a new request list I'm working from and it's quite a long one. I'll be doing Norwegian airports for the next few days at least. Updates will be suspended until I work my way through this list. Requests get priority.

These are all pretty small one-runway airports but all are paved and a couple of them have ILSs (OK, one's a Localizer only, but still, it's treated as an ILS on the diagram). These four make 20 Norwegian airfields in the collection so far - not too bad.

John

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you'd like to subscribe (free) and have all new and updated airport diagram files e-mailed to you,

contact me at allardjd@earthlink.net with a Subject Line of "Airport Diagram Subscription".

5/2/13 Airport Diagrams

Note:  Links in this article are no longer functional.  As of June 2017, the MH File Library no longer exists, nor can airport diagrams be downloaded individually.  Instead there's a new Airport Diagram Download Center available here...

Only bundle downloads are supported now, mainly by country, but also by state/province in the case of the US, Canada and Australia.
Subscriptions, requests, on-demand bulk transfers and e-mail fulfillment of individual airport files are available on that page.

New:

ENBV Berlevag - Berlevag, Norway

y4mQmtaCB7q0dNrMxdVaiuNcV9H0QRqqWZVyMqR4

ENMH Mehamn - Mehamn, Norway

y4mOWeRgKIvwV6zJIU4KlDqq5lUe5otgb80ZmtFi

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,952; downloads 2,346; subscribers 14

I only managed two today as I continue to march through the request list for Norway. These are much like the ones yesterday - one paved runway and a small mid-field ramp with a handful of buildings, a fuel pump and a localizer only ILS system.

John

If you'd like to subscribe (free) and have all new and updated airport diagram files e-mailed to you,

contact me at allardjd@earthlink.net with a Subject Line of "Airport Diagram Subscription".

5/3/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

1TN2 Kay - Rogersville, Tennessee - US

y4m_fvepY9jlfoVzIFOp_X33prkcivYm_SsQeR4D

TN94 Robertson Farm - Knoxville, Tennessee - US

y4mF3cVXMIhOkoBVdTLwlMp-rs5i0r_rJFs0JhvA

TN66 Austin Field - Pikeville, Tennessee - US

y4miyrDmR-CmNLCEBEZ1lx2jrihdTAc8T-3trRRa

2TN8 Soggy Bottom - Dowelltown, Tennessee - US

y4mmvgXdSSePW3fVSfv3O9Kjkj2J5G-_GgzxWkOr

8TN6 Baker Field - Murfreesboro, Tennessee - US

y4m9nrpPhCzmjO5wdqRV68sQk2s4VyLYKHr083rk

6TN9 Dripping Springs Farm - Burns, Tennessee - US

y4mu0HQ4aGscTO7foVSS1ebJv_IwolegeC2br155

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,958; downloads 2,346; subscribers 14

I had to temporarily abandon the Norway list in favor of a new request list today. This new one has a little shorter fuse than the Norway list. This one consists of ten Tennessee airports, mostly small ones. One of the ten was already done and the six airports tonight are the first of the rest. Three remain which I expect I'll do tomorrow.

These six are all much the same, a single grass strip with no radio frequencies, buildings or much of anything else. None of these would have satisfied the acceptance criteria to be diagrammed if they had not come up in a request list. In this case, a group is having a fly-in that will travel through these airports and there's a date by which they are needed, so they are getting head-of-the-line privileges.

John

5/4/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

9TN2 Meadowlark - Camden, Tennessee - US

y4mhZghXI3EqoRho8dX1kP8tAFvKOTozpZWUI4ni

KHZD Carroll Co - Huntingdon, Tennessee - US

y4mcGbmX8eW13TG-JgqJytpVt6Oc8ZmATFm3yRcy

KPHT Henry Co - Paris, Tennessee - US

y4mKWGMP40Xj1G7lLjyU7DXZZ8HP-ovAAqzjD8nR

ENHF Hammerfest - Hammerfest, Norway

y4m3XaygAxVlwqaw6wkt7dw9KeuiAB-B0fwdua0f

ENAT Alta - Alta, Norway

y4mUsCWhHmo__UdvvHJLplax2plMYrWnRMFnublq

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,963; downloads 2,346; subscribers 14

This group is the remainder of the Tennessee list and gets me back into the interrupted Norway list. Three stock FSX airports remain on that list and it's possible I'll download some indicated freeware scenery and diagram a couple of non-FSX airports on that list as well.

The first airport on today's list, 9TN2, is much like those from yesterday - pretty minimal - but does have a building in stock FSX so would have qualified to be diagrammed on its own merits without having been brought up on a request list.

The next two, KHZD and KPHT are municipal airports of municipal size and well worth the effort to diagram. KPHT even has two runways. Those are the last on the Tennessee list.

The two Norwegian airports in this group, ENHF and ENAT are both single runway but are pretty decent airports. Hammerfest, ENHF has a localizer only ILS at both ends, although only one of those is shown in the published approaches list.

John

5/5/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

ENSR Sorkjosen - Sorkjosen, Norway

y4mKYTIbRHB5IXrx6gIKfoXyf8vDRdhvTPPkLinC

ENTC Tromso - Tromso, Norway

y4mZqWfkbE1QpevTCooX-oBV2LOp_LrV1NSMGMUe

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,965; downloads 2,358; subscribers 14

I didn't manage to reach the bottom of the Norway request list today - there is one more stock airport and a pair of add-on ones if I decide to do them. Tomorrow is another day.

ENSR is about like the others have been, on the small side. ENTC, Tromso, is a bit larger and more full-featured, including ILSs from both ends. From a historical perspective, the German battleship Tirpitz met her fate near here in late 1944.

John

5/6/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

ENSK Skagen - Stokmarknes, Norway

y4mphvJLSw5WsS8XSAidqLImjD78LsdcZvz4mPzr

KBLI Bellingham Intl - Bellingham, Washington - US

y4mJ_E6IbQJKhWYHv7MbYK-aTA4a_ObzV_HHu_o4

y4mZy53yKIOxIpSf11mfcpvVzPaKEtT4ZtpXZrhB

Updated:

M31 Arnold - Halls, Tennessee - US (updated)

y4meSYcQsGwqmsvy3lNOgpdKVT0_iQZwkKAbcbVC

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,967; downloads 2,358; subscribers 14

Skagen (ENSK) is the last of the Norway list except the two non-stock airports that I will have to download and install to get.

KBLI, Bellingham Intl is the first of another new request list in the state of Washington area. There are a dozen on that list. One was already done and Bellingham makes two, so ten to go on those. That airport had enough taxiways to warrant a second plate for labeling them.

The update to M31, Arnold, in Halls TN was from a request list too. It was on the Tennessee list and had already been diagrammed some time ago, but was looking kind of dated so I decided to spruce it up even though it was not the oldest diagram in the collection.

John

5/7/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

WN18 Becker's Landing - Anacortes, Wahsington - US

y4mNP-vAMrJanU8ACNjGuWhDQurwhq7OryGpdTPi

14WA Livingston Bay - Stanwood, Washington - US

y4mhbf86CgG4L9mirEUqdaN7yz6HakEW0pv3ixfD

S43 Harvey - Snohomish, Washington - US

y4m-igffeaxNDPZdYAUGL5u9VKroG85V8IUBKJK7

21W Ranger Creek - Greenwater, Washington - US

y4mVd7dMLJHW7_52UohseKmLI6jVLskSobAQg4HU

WN55 Randle-Kiona Airpark - Randle, Washington - US

y4moJUEATF7Tc_OoqkAkKrizVddasEULhRDDvC2f

WN10 Mount St Helen's Aero Ranch - Cougar, Washington - US

y4mBT2icWPbhl8YsQYAsAtL-K-VNd6PBLsT6ew1A

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,973; downloads 2,358; subscribers 14

These six are a continuation of the Washington request list I'm working on. They're all pretty simple airports with the exception of S43, Harvey, in Snohomish WA. It's a nice looking little airport with two parallel runways, one grass and one paved. The latter is only 36' wide (not the narrowest amongst today's batch of airports).

I'll finish the Washington list tomorrow and may even get in a few more from elsewhere.

John

5/8/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

WA66 Spring Creek Ranch - White Salmon, Washington - US

y4mlNyI829_vL3bq0s3jDQ3wvTB0fFuY4g8RSzua

19WA Key Way - Stevenson, Washington - US

y4munNzva_epvXl8Ip_1KKbszAFaKrlFhM0Au3ed

WA78 Sky River Ranch - Washougal, Washington - US

y4mGWUCDRMNCd4fLB5edx67B-64QqzinpA4kPyCc

KVUO Pearson - Vancouver, Washington - US

y4mohj8QU2BZx5bNNm0PUulT_3y92Q0nhSAKEB9b

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,977; downloads 2,358; subscribers 14

These are the last ones from the Washington list. Only the last one, KVUO, Pearson in Vancouver is of any real interest as an airport. The other three are just grass strips though they might present an interesting challenge to find and use.

My request list chores are caught up for now except the two non-stock airports in Norway. I'll have a look at them tonight and see if they are worth pursuing for tomorrow or if it's to be back to the regular randomized airport lists.

John

5/9/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

FF2N Lofoten - Selfjord, Lofoten - Norway

y4mEiqBx30Df-NdODJ9yYoFv_oUumk8TbTJJZN-H

FF4N FF4N_Wildlife - Kvalsund - Norway

y4mC14XeIQzvWGHnOv1ZIaZWKW87eLGiWkmG5xCZ

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,979; downloads 2,358; subscribers 14

These two finish the Norway request list which is the last of the request lists currently in my hands - I never know when another will arrive.

As threatened, these are non-stock, freeware add-on airports that have no counterpart in FSX. They require a scenery library as well - same library for both airports. The person who requested the list provided the download links...

Did I mention that the site and the download documents are in Norwegian? As it happened, I had no problems downloading and installing these in the Add-on Scenery folder of FSX and adding the two airports to the Scenery List (the library file needs to go in the Add-On scenery folder but does not need an entry in the FSX Scenery List). This is absolutely bog standard stuff that all worked as it should. I had no need to take the instructions to Babel Fish for an English translation.

I found both airports pretty interesting when poking around in slew mode. The terrain is much too rough for my normal Follow-Me van airport snooping conveyance. There are a lot of objects scattered around the general environs of both airports and both are pretty well done. You may be interested enough to download and install them and have a look - or not. Suit yourself.

These are not the first non-stock airports I've done diagrams for but I don't do much of it. I much prefer airports like these that do not exist at all in FSX to enhanced versions of stock FSX airports. I try to avoid those as much as possible.

John

EDIT: I'm reliably informed that not only do these two airports not exist in stock FSX, they don't exist in the real world either - entirely a work of fiction. Having said that, they are still pretty neat and are worth your time do download, install and have a look around. Someone did some nice work there. If you edit airports yourself, the object library is probably worth having too.

JDA

5/10/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

TTPP Piarco Intl - Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago

y4mxNW2l2LASgU5XSS03OZz8dkC0I-NLtEdRgegA

y4m1N0p-2ALRwQHrQB3zaCgcnx4v4LGrDw7COPJU

M06 Havre De Grace - Havre De Grace, Maryland - US

y4mfupPQE-JEzSbqhbojwhCtW6vtVkXtWvkBJwzz

GCHI Hierro - Hierro, Spain

y4mxCxKuJP7HSnYqWWP0ZFYxwQwnpeTMZpghcN5s

KPOB Pope AFB - Fayetteville, North Carolina - US

y4mHwMRj_fcuDYX0IdClEr8Z2yXtS0nLH0TwioF6

y4mz0F1sKnrlwqx9rXFPdjWWNZIR4UOEE4uE6IEw

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,983; downloads 2,358; subscribers 14

It looks like I still have a running shot at making 2,000 airport diagrams on the books before Mutley's visit at the end of the month.

For now I'm all caught up on request lists and am back to my usual randomized lists. These four airports are all a bit bigger than we've been seeing in Norway and Washington lately.

TTPP is Piarco Intl, in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, one of those green water Caribbean vacation spots most of us never get to visit in the real world.

The second one, M06 in Havre De Grace, Maryland, is a water airport, with a pair of crossing runways of generous proportions - it looks as if straying off either of the runways by, oh, say a half-mile or so would not cause any kind of serious problem. I believe it's a salt-water airport on a small bay off Chesapeake bay. The elevation is 0' MSL, indicating an ocean location.

GCHI is Hierro, in the Canary Islands, and may be a military field or a mixed use field since we find a DME on the field, usually indicating a TACAN is there in the real world. The Canary Islands belong to Spain and are listed that way in FSX; ICAO codes of "GC" indicate airports in the Canaries. Airports in Spain proper have "LE" ICAO codes.

I have a personal connection with KPOB, Pope AFB in Fayetteville NC. Our Son-in-law was stationed there for a number of years and we visited as often as we could. I attended one air show there and visited the base a number of times. The USAF has just pulled up stakes there and has turned the entire thing over to the US Army as part of the Base Renovation and Closing (BRAC) initiative. Relatively tiny Pope AFB shared a fence with the huge Ft. Bragg army base, home of the Army Airborne, including the 82nd Airborne division and the Golden Knights, the Army's parachute demonstration team. The last I knew there were some 30,000 troops at Bragg. It will now be an all-Army show but the USAF will still be putting in an appearance as often as the guys in the green clothes need a ride somewhere. There's also a special forces presence at Pope/Bragg, representing all the services. That will remain in place as far as I know.

Both TTPP and KPOB required two plates each and are zip files.

Tomorrow's selection should include one updated airport in addition to the new ones, unless another request list darkens my door.

John

5/11/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

NTGJ Totegegie - Totegegie I, French Polynesia

y4mJr5J5J4nNRIKUNBHELoyK6xeNBwvD7D0dBiVK

4Y4 Lakes Of The North - Gaylord, Michigan - US

y4m1PnRQw_xlRg5Chf2ubahjFwLhZaZuorCVBskE

LFMV Caumont - Avignon, France

y4m7u5hAkqleO9kY-YVEBZOqNxXia7raO4gtW9xu

y4mbzEGFGh3K8e-5JbXive3JDlOeNODQbXVdDzLj

KSZL Whiteman AFB - Knob Noster, Missouri - US

y4mEwaXOn1tZp0nzn5CiNKcZ5BEVqizjJ79b7gJQ

Updated:

LTBJ Adnan Menderes - Izmir, Turkey (updated)

y4m525BGFcKbpAR-5qr8Z4UdUmTT33K_aAjV1ZHO

y4m04471qNwYj2jgZr4utmg7I0nk7tlfHKJezsFN

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,987; downloads 2,359; subscribers 14

I'm back to working from the routine randomized lists, and also did one update of the oldest file today. That was LTBJ, Adnan Menderes in Izmir, Turkey. That one became a 2-plater in this iteration.

NTGJ on the island of Totegegie seems to take up pretty much the entire island. It's an atoll group and I assume the people are on the other nearby islands.

4Y4 is in Gaylord, Michigan, my original home state. It's a pretty small single-strip field but is paved and lighted. I'm not sure I'd want to try a night landing on a 40' wide strip. I had a real world flying adventure at a different airport in Gaylord once many moons ago. It's a story for another day - maybe when the other airport pops up on one of my random lists.

LFMV is a pretty good sized field in Avignon, France. It has the obligatory grass strips, two of them, paralleling the paved runway. They seem to do that a lot in Europe, particularly in France. A busy taxiway network required using a second plate on this one too.

KSZL, Whiteman AFB in Knob Noster, Missouri (I'll bet there's a story behind that city name) is the home of the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber, about 20 of them, which is all there are. These guys sometimes make a round trip from Whiteman to distant targets and return there, non-stop, no doubt hitting the tankers many times along the way. With a two man crew, that must be quite an ordeal, even at high-subsonic speeds. Two B-2s recently did that, paying a waving-distance visit to young Un in Korea, much to his displeasure. Apparently most everything is to his displeasure these days.

John

5/12/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

FYWH Hosea Kutako Intl - Windhoek, Namibia

y4mxEUuRPmXd6CpTpoISjSovjtMJKtkXPbmewpPX

0Q5 Shelter Cove - Shelter Cove, California - US

y4mfE4mPj_heULOzgiACAKzklDHscLEz87y84xh7

GMAT Plage Blanche - Tan Tan, Morocco

y4mC7U3KTvePihA_abQe6Hdw7HjtfpcaVxgejSGD

LERS Reus - Reus, Spain

y4mRlu9nVFF1xLf5rU3_Y_oYwWDL5CCB-NsRS2XX

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,991; downloads 2,359; subscribers 14

Of the four today, two are in Africa, but at opposite ends of the continent, and one is in Spain, which is just across the Straight of Gibraltar from Africa. That's how the luck of the draw worked out today.

The only US one is 0Q5, Shelter Cove, California, a nice looking little airport on the shores of the Pacific. There are no nearby navaids, however. If you go you'll have to find it the old fashioned way.

FYWH is in Windhoek, Namibia, the capital. Namibia lies around the corner from South Africa on the Atlantic side. The airport has a pair of paved, crossing runways, the larger one over 15,000 feet long. Mind the altitude - the field is over 5,600' MSL. Despite being the airport serving the capital and being pretty well off in the runway department, FSX only shows one building at the airport.

GMAT is in Tan Tan, Morocco. It's not all that far from the coast, a half-dozen runway lengths or so, and lies pretty close to the Canary Islands, due east. It's over twice as far down the coast from the Straights of Gibraltar than Casablanca, however. There's a mile-long paved runway and good navaids nearby. There's a small ramp but no fuel pump. It is towered.

The final one today is LERS, in Reus, Spain. It comes from the military airfields list, though FSX does not mention that. It's near the Mediterranean coast but way up toward France, more or less north of Majorca. It has two runways, but one is dirt - the other is over 8,000 feet long, is paved and has an ILS, so I guess that goes some way toward making up for the dirt one. There is a nifty looking control tower building in the plan view, but from the airport it's just a two-story block with the standard MS windows (as opposed to MS Windows). The only aircraft to be seen are civilian GA types, so I guess MS and my traffic program didn't get the word about it being military.

John

5/13/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

SOCA Rochambeau - Cayenne, French Guiana

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2232-soca/

3N7 Pemberton - Pemberton, New Jersey - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2233-3n7/

8F3 Crosbyton Mun - Crosbyton, Texas - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2234-8f3/

Updated:

LGLM Limnos - Limnos, Greece (updated)

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/651-lglm/

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,994; downloads 2,369; subscribers 14

I have three new ones and an update for you today. Two of the new ones are three-character ICAOs in the US. Pemberton is pretty sparse but Crosbyton Muni is surprisingly full-featured. Neither is exactly O'Hare, but they can't all be.

SOCA in Cayenne, French Guiana is the capital city airport there. For a small country it's a pretty well appointed airport.

The update is Limnos, Greece.

John

5/14/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

CYPZ Burns Lake - Burns Lake, British Columbia - Canada

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2235-cypz/

S31 Lopez - Lopez Island, Washington - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2236-s31/

CYPU Puntzi Mountain - Puntzi Mountain, British Columbia - Canada

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2237-cypu/

YCIN Curtin - Curtin, Western Australia - Australia

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2238-ycin/

NWWW Tontouta - Noumea, New Caledonia

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2239-nwww/

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 1,999; downloads 2,369; subscribers 14

We're only one away from having 2,000 airports diagrammed, thanks to Quickmarch who popped in with three new ones today. He did the first three on the list - two in British Columbia and the one in Lopez Island, Washington.

The last two on the list are mine, both pretty decent sized airports with plenty to recommend them. YCIN, Curtin, in Western Australia had enough labeled taxiways to require a second plate.

I snagged a new airport list tonight, from an EU aviation safety site. It's a pretty comprehensive list of large pax terminals world-wide, with something over 1,200 entries. I've marked off those already done, roughly half. There's plenty of work ahead.

I have four lists in current use, one nearing the end of its rope with only twenty-two left to do on it. I have four more lists in waiting. The next one I'll add is the list of 148 US airports that were threatened with control tower closure due to the sequestration budget cuts. Those airports have gotten a reprieve which may well be permanent, but it's still a good list of interesting airports, so that will replace national capitals when that one is finished. A lot of the airports on that list are already done, but nothing like half - a quarter or less, just eyeballing it.

John

5/15/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KROG Rogers Mun-Carter - Rogers, Arkansas - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2241-krog/

KCWV Claxton-Evans Co - Claxton, Georgia - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2242-kcwv/

EGXT Wittering AB - Wittering, UK

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2243-egxt/

PLCH Cassidy Intl - Christmas I, Kiribati

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2244-plch/

Updated:

EGLF Farnborough - Farnborough, UK (updated)

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/186-eglf/

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,003; downloads 2,369; subscribers 14

That's a milestone reached - 2,000 airports diagrammed. I'm getting the impression that this covers a pretty good majority of the major air carrier airports in the world - I'm not getting majors from my randomized lists very often any more. I think the collection is still a little sparse in Eastern Europe and parts of Asia, Africa and South America, but by and large most of the major airports world-wide are covered and a lot of smaller ones as well.

Of course what's here is a mix of everything from the very large to the quite small. My inclusion criteria will include anything down to one-strip grass fields if they have a single building or a MS fuel pump to dress them up. If they come to me in a request list or as part of someone's rally list, even the building or the gas pump isn't necessary. On the other hand, I do bypass a lot of the small ones from the randomized lists that don't make the acceptance criteria.

Though I thought I had Great Britain pretty well covered, Wittering AB, EGXT, came up tonight as a new one. Farnborough is in the five for tonight too, but as an update - it was the oldest file.

The two US airports, KROG in Rogers AR and KCWV in Claxton GA are just middle of the road sized municipal airports - nothing special but a good bit more interesting than a bare grass strip.

Christmas Island, PLCH is from the national capitals list, with only 21 more to go before retiring it. Looking ahead on that list, tomorrow we have another European capital coming up - Helsinki.

I've pushed pretty hard over the last month or two to get to 2,000 airports - I wanted very much to make that milestone before Mutley's visit. I may turn down the production rate for a while now - almost surely will during the time he is here. I'm sure he and Mrs. Mutley do not want to watch me making airport diagrams - we'll find better things to do.

John

5/16/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

47M Thornton - Brownsville, Tennessee - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2245-47m/

8NC8 Lake Ridge Aero Park - Durham, North Carolina - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2246-8nc8/

W35 Potomac - Berkeley Springs, West Virginia - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2247-w35/

SBMT Marte - Sao Paulo, Brazil

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2248-sbmt/

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,007; downloads 2,369; subscribers 14

I did indeed come up against Helsinki tonight but it was just too late to bite off one that complex, so it will be the first one I do tomorrow. It has a slew of custom buildings and a long list of named taxiways. I said last night I don't get many major airports falling out of the lists lately, but this one certainly qualifies.

The first two tonight 47M, Thornton, in Brownsville TN and 8NC8, Lake Ridge Aero Park in Durham NC, are grass strips, but with buildings, so they made the cut.

The third one, W35, Potomac, in Berkeley Springs WV has a little more to it, including a paved runway and some published approaches, but no fuel pump.

The final one is SBMT, Marte, in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It comes off the military airfields list, so I presume must be one but FSX makes no mention of it. It's a very complex field layout around a single runway - lots of taxiways and lots of buildings, but none of the taxiways are labeled and all of the buildings are stock MS types. This may be the largest, most complex field I've run across in FSX that is not lighted - if you go there in the dark it's going to be just that - dark.

John

5/17/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

EFHK Vantaa - Helsinki, Finland

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2249-efhk/

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,008; downloads 2,369; subscribers 14

Well, that was a struggle. EFHK, in Helsinki reminded me again how much I don't enjoy doing the major airfields. This one went to four plates.  In this case it was the custom buildings that caused the majority of the work, requiring no less than 20 screenshots to get the building footprints right. If custom buildings are tall, or if they have complex roofs at different elevations in the same building, parallax problems creep in very quickly. That causes distorted building shapes. The remedy is to use screenshots that are almost straight down on the building, picking them up singly or in small, closely spaced groups. Helsinki was almost entirely populated with custom buildings and they were complex enough to require many screenshots to get them right.

The airport layout and taxiway network conspired to require slicing and dicing the airport into two pieces to legibly label the taxiways. Those two views account for plates 2 and 3.

There are so many navaids, mostly NDBs, directly associated with the EFHK runways, I couldn't get the navaids table on plate 1, necessitating the final plate with all the text data - most repeated from plate 1 but also including the table of navaids.

I can usually knock out an airport diagram in 20-40 minutes, depending upon the size, complexity, custom buildings and taxiway population but this one took over five hours. I hope you'll pardon me for only giving you one in this batch.

John

5/18/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

SSUV Uniao Da Vitoria - Uniao Da Vitoria, Brazil

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2250-ssuv/

PANN Nenana Mun - Nenana, Alaska - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2251-pann/

Updated:

KPMP Pompano Beach - Pompano Beach, Florida - US (updated)

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/511-kpmp/

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,010; downloads 2,369; subscribers 14

SSUV, Uniao Da Vitoria in Brazil is a one-runway airport with a hard-surface runway and a fuel pump, but nothing else, including no navaids within a reasonable distance.

PANN is Nenana Mun, in Alaska. It has one each of paved, grass and water runways and seems a pretty full featured airport. It has an NDB on the field and a VOR/DME just across the river, a good sized ramp, but only has one building in FSX, plus a fuel pump.

KPMP, the update today, is Pompano Beach FL. It has three good sized paved runways and good facilities, but the only ILS-style approach is a Localizer only to Runway 15. It has one custom building and enough taxiways to require a second plate. The original version was done in October 2009.

John

5/19/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KADT Atwood-Rawlins Co City-Co - Atwood, Kansas - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2252-kadt/

EDDS Stuttgart - Stuttgart, Germany

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2253-edds/

OYSN Sanaa Intl - Sanaa, Yemen

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2254-oysn/

64S Prospect State - Prospect, Oregon - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2255-64s/

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,014; downloads 2,380; subscribers 14

Four more from the lists. Stuttgart, EDDS is a pretty good sized field, apparently a military airfield, but only has a single runway - a big one. It had a lot of custom buildings but nothing like Helsinki a couple of days ago. EDDS did need two plates.

64S, Prospect State, in Prospect OR had the distinction of being the 800th US airport in the collection.

John

5/20/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

CYWL Williams Lake - Williams Lake, British Columbia - Canada

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2256-cywl/

NGTA Bonriki Intl - Tarawa I, Kiribati

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2257-ngta/

21D Lake Elmo - St Paul, Minnesota - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2258-21d/

YNGU Ngukurr - Ngukurr, Northern Territory - Australia

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2259-yngu/

Updated:

EGDJ Upavon Army - Upavon, UK (updated)

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/160-egdj-fs9-only/

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,018; downloads 2,380; subscribers 14

Quickmarch came through with Williams Lake in BC, Canada, another nice job by him. That makes five total, with my contribution of three new and an update.

The update was an interesting one - not much of an airport really, just two crossing grass strips. The Google Earth shots show a bunch of sailplanes. The really interesting thing is, even though it seems to be an operating airport in the real-world, and is in FS9, it is not in stock FSX. The diagram is suitably labeled as sourced from FS9 data.

NGTA Bonriki Intl is on Tarawa Island - if you've read much about WWII you know the USMC paid a high price for that place. All's peaceful now with a nice mile-long runway and a couple of navaids - even a couple of ramps.

21D is Lake Elmo airport in St Paul - more airport than I expected from a place with a 3-digit ICAO code. It has two smallish paved runways and a lot of T-Hangars, but no FSX fuel pump.

The last one is YNGU, Ngukurr, both city and airport have that name. This one is on the Northern Territory of Australia. It's all gravel, with no buildings but has a ramp, so made the cut. There is an NDB on the field and four published approaches.

John

5/21/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

LGTS Makedonia - Thessalonika, Greece

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2260-lgts/

EKVG Vagar - Vagar, Faroe Islands

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2261-ekvg/

7D6 Freedom - Freedom, Ohio - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2262-7d6/

24R Dilley - Dilley, Texas - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2263-24r/

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,022; downloads 2,380; subscribers 14

There was nothing too challenging in this group of new airports today. All are small to medium except LGTS, Makedonia, in Thessalonika, Greece. That one came from the military airfields list and it required two plates.

EKVG, at Vagar in the Faroes is interesting. It's a single paved runway, only a little over 4,000' long, but has Localizer-only approaches to each end. The airport layout is pretty interesting too - several ramps and a handful of custom buildings.

7D6 in Freedom OH is a single grass strip with a small pad at one end and a handful of stock buildings at the other. Not much else is there to entertain you.

24R in Dilley TX is a short, narrow paved strip with a long row of buildings along one side but is otherwise as plain as 7D6.

John

5/22/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

ETMN Nordholz Navy - Nordholz, Germany

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2264-etmn/

TIST King - St Thomas I/Charlotte Amalie, Virgin Islands, U.S.

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2265-tist/

Updated:

2L0 Pineville Mun - Pineville, Louisiana - US (updated)

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/36-2l0/

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,024; downloads 2,381; subscribers 14

I only have three today - one an update. Sorry, too much to do and not enough day.

The update is Pineville LA, 2L0, not far from Alexandria. It's a nice looking place but the diagram makes it look bigger than it is. The runway is only about 3,000' X 75'. It has one custom building and a handful of stock ones.

ETMN is Nordholz Navy, in Germany. It's got that military look to it, including a DME on the field. The runway is about 8,000'.

TIST is King, in Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, in the Virgin Islands. This is a medium size international, with about a 7,000' runway and good facilities, including an ILS. All the approaches are to Runway 10, I think because of terrain.

John

5/23/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

SBSM Santa Maria - Santa Maria, Brazil

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2266-sbsm/

CYXC Cranbrook - Cranbrook, British Columbia - Canada

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2267-cyxc/

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,026; downloads 2,381; subscribers 14

Even worse than yesterday. I only managed one on my own today, and Quickmarch dropped in with another in BC, so we have a total of two for you tonight.

SBSM in Santa Maria, Brazil has two paved, crossing runways and is lighted and towered. It appears to be a fairly decent airport with some non-precision approaches published, but no ILS.

Quickmarch provided CYXC, Cranbrook, in British Columbia tonight. It has one paved mile-long runway with an ILS, but has no tower. There's a generous ramp area with labeled taxiways and decent navaids. Mind the field elevation - over 3,000' - nosebleed territory for us flatlanders.

John