Airport Diagrams - August 2013 Additions and Updates

8/4/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

EGPF Glasgow - Glasgow, UK

y4mwHCuajbrByVRJAnSpjL9od95t2Jv-kcZw8LEh

y4mX-idjRcLQ6juRdHEzbv5O3W3VlBpuABjHYLDW

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,132; downloads 2,423; subscribers 14

I'm back, but not able to get into full production, possibly for another week. Should be able to do some but probably not my normal three per day.

This might be a good opportunity to explain the airport city and country label that is below the ICAO code and airport name in the top right corner of the diagrams. Tonight's airport is a good example and you might wonder why I don't include "Scotland" instead of, or in addition to, "UK" in that line.

The short answer is, Microsoft did not label the airport that way. The country field contains "UK" in FSX and the "State / Province" field, which lies between "City" and "Country" fields is blank. There's no reference to Scotland to be found in FSX.

If there's any text in the "State / Province" field, I do include it in the label - if it's blank, I don't editorialize because I want the diagram to be an accurate look-up reference for Flight Simulator. If I put in "Scotland" and someone used it for a search term, they'd strike out. In FSX, there's nothing in the country list between "Saudi Arabia" and "Senegal", even though we know better.

John

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you'd like to subscribe (free) and have all new and updated airport diagram files e-mailed to you,

contact me at allardjd@earthlink.net with a Subject Line of "Airport Diagram Subscription".

8/5/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

CBZ9 Fraser Lake - Fraser Lake, British Columbia - Canada

y4m8dgxAEus4ygGCAf5M52YPn02nN1UvvJRGt-AM

Updated:

EGHD Plymouth - Plymouth, UK (updated)

y4mlHydDBGTWVO8T_Qox7uBOcMTfkv-4yJdBbGPh

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,133; downloads 2,423; subscribers 14

Not much time for chatter tonight but did manage one new and one update. The new one, in British Columbia, is from a request list. The update was originally diagrammed in November, 2009.

John

If you'd like to subscribe (free) and have all new and updated airport diagram files e-mailed to you,

contact me at allardjd@earthlink.net with a Subject Line of "Airport Diagram Subscription".

8/6/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

LFLL Saint Exupery - Lyon, France

y4mVcxK8ImTN-p830lE495q5jOGuA3SK_PaiZQeE

y4mGTUqoncSYXD8l45Q64Uv5VYTO1EzbBkNZw_Tn

CYJM Perison - Ft St James, British Columbia - Canada

y4mIMo-Y_lEHNpHaotE4uj3YpX-LxyFDNMhQ1PhZ

0N4 Chandelle Estates - Dover, Delaware - US

y4myVsgDZLcBRJ5F7CigadD6hV0ZMJIYcoD5_1iL

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,136; downloads 2,423; subscribers 14

I managed a full set today but am going to go light on the commentary. All these are new. LFLL comes from a European request list and CYJM is from a British Columbia request list. The last one is from one of the normal lists.

0N4 lies on the 5-mile ring around KDOV and has a 28' wide paved runway if you're looking for some experience.

John

8/7/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

LGMK Mikonos - Mikonos, Greece

y4m_lr5wH0Dw1GW0S3WnIYuxb2CW6ncXga-2x71o

CBD5 Takla Narrows - Takla Narrows, British Columbia - Canada

y4m4p4mFFEqbhhpmmhqchXahrjy9XMs3tKRlq_oj

Updated:

KMCN Middle Georgia Regl - Macon, Georgia - US (updated)

y4m-YP00-6ksGgHKYv6oOrs0cgMbZchmq8IkHTs8

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,138; downloads 2,423; subscribers 14

Just the usual batch of three; two new and an update.

John

8/8/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

LIEO Costa Smeralda - Olbia, Italy

y4mKZhzEv2owubWumOKDzDVRokZ8FG4gjITI8czH

CBQ8 Woodcock - Woodcock, British Columbia - Canada

y4mxfdgMQeHKAq6-YZhtvqlIJuHDlda8rNJOq3-h

LTBR Yenisehir AB - Bursa, Turkey

y4m2f9df_FZ1ac_Y8w49j9uGoEdQodIwfzEXow0A

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,141; downloads 2,469; subscribers 14

Had quite a spike in downloads in the last 24 hours.

Still working two request lists (BC and Europe). The national capitals list only lacks one to be finished and should be able to get that one in the next day or two.

John

8/10/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

LGSR Santorini - Santorini, Greece

y4m2m9jCwyRsqBlS6M_IrH-ERzMuNJBOMa8ALg2t

CBW2 Kitimat - Kitimat, British Columbia - Canada

y4m3BHqQLWhi9e5OVkuvpy4SO-ibQhmIHnyzFQwS

LGSK Alexandros Papadiamandis - Skiathos, Greece

y4m3ktYvqK8u_eTp3xgbfmpHVlfO3hgPdMnkwXk4

KRIV March ARB - Riverside, California - US

y4m0zuUqveETqBmsGqCJTlYxJyHRQz-oUmGqdO0N

NLWW Hihifo - Uvea I, Wallis and Futuna

y4mYdDAzcNVYcgzGhP8bmhglTmoe4TC9H8f9M-7Q

Updated:

EGCD Woodford - Manchester, UK (updated)

y4mQkg1DUI3z-1AAYC8agzlVyTwXiWUM4BTMm2AF

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,146; downloads 2,475; subscribers 14

I had to take yesterday off airport diagrams but managed to bang out a double batch today, so we're even.

This is a red-letter day for airport lists. Included in the above are the last of the long-running national capitals list (NLWW), the last of the British Columbia request list (CBW2) and the last of the European request list (LGSK).

Replacing the national capitals list will be the list of US airports that were threatened with closure of their control towers under the so-called sequestration budget cuts recently, but not actually closed. These are all small to medium-sized towered airports. There are, I believe, 148 airports on the list, of which approximately half have already been diagrammed. This will become one of the four standard lists I use when there are no active request lists. This will bias the output toward US airports for a while, though not exclusively. The other three lists are a mix.

As always, requests are welcome, either single airports or lists of reasonable size. The most common source of request lists is events of one sort or another (rallies, fly-ins, multi-player sessions) and occasionally a VA's routes.

John

8/11/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KESN Easton/Newnam - Easton, Maryland - US

y4m58bq_Vpp7wF3n6b77Q_H_zbnzqgKQTGDfz3fp

0M9 Delhi Mun - Delhi, Louisiana - US

y4mjYdvrc1Y7EedISoHsWo_P305-XdI_gdYHCN1h

CYXN Whale Cove - Whale Cove, Nunavut - Canada

y4mg12WIRoEnv8zyAprBoyYK9O9RUywQVPbxMR5O

FAHS Hoedspruit AB - Hoedspruit, South Africa

y4mAkYdNFZemN-y2X2aZnGPbOlL5-GYb9N5WuLm8

KLWS Lewiston-Nez Perce Co - Lewiston, Idaho - US

y4m3WRMQ2iMyIqXaUQxYdI1CcWM-PEsL05HpHVqW

NZDV Dannevirke - Dannevirke, New Zealand

y4m1zdcEamEvAyt9MrG0JXYs_IbclS0buWFlrdZ8

Updated:

TJIG Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci - San Juan, Puerto Rico (updated)

y4m6qM5qhFcir6fIXpJhRjtGQYKq_z_vJ0VWOp5Z

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,152; downloads 2,475; subscribers 14

Today felt like an airport diagram kind of day - I was on a roll and just rolled with it. I have a total of seven, one an update. Some of them were pretty easy, contributing to the higher than normal production.

Two of these, KESN and KLWS are from the new sequestered airports list. The rest are from the other routine lists.

John

8/12/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KBAF Barnes Mun - Westfield/Springfield, Massachusetts - US

y4m1iOG5ZaA3WFVFEGNK5RKIkViIzdK5dUDr2DA3

y4mepZpRZ2e8FJpguMhHB7Q2o2AgxOOEt8fVdSRr

CYWG Winnipeg Intl - Winnipeg, Manitoba - Canada

y4mXqT81yrbrG4fju1xTYHcgVo9lZkeUujLImXa1

y4muY-_lC7ehd9Z_yM1TY1c8TO7mT7DteakMn5EW

y4mAK3ffMPwWdEiTuh4j6BkIJXNKPLzxLulnavFR

OG30 Aeroacres - Oregon City, Oregon - US

y4m0R4e0BizQID6lw5Nm1NITwOmXQfwa1wIW0xoY

7OR2 Basl Hill Farms - Mehama, Oregon - US

y4mPFiHSzy_5rbo0-mm5iVBCPeNomn6vB6NA1dH9

6S4 Davis - Gates, Oregon - US

y4my-h8sRuVwhSNntyl9hhM0VthLDhc3-W5-8yaM

2OR7 Sweet Home - Sweet Home, Oregon - US

y4mSGHIVwrxLEKUar9xOKPT6c-gXkesF1krRiwZW

00S McKenzie Bridge State - McKenzie Bridge, Oregon - US

y4mWFvHt6M0mjOw6a4UsLOrqyILmjOsBdh2rySKU

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,159; downloads 2,476; subscribers 14

I got a new request list today - no prizes for guessing the geographical area. It has ten Oregon airports, most pretty small ones. One was already done and I diagrammed five airports from the list today. They're easy and go pretty fast. That leaves four to do, one of which is a pretty good sized airport with a lot of detail. The other three are like the five today - small and simple. With any luck I'll be able to knock out the rest of the list tomorrow.

The two non-Oregon airports today both went to multiple plates. Winnipeg Intl in particular is a pretty complex place and required three plates. There are so many NDBs surrounding it, each associated with a particular runway (though not LOMs or LMMs) that I couldn't get all the text data on the main view. That required a third plate, after using the second one for taxiway labeling.

KBAF, Barnes Mun, in MA, also needed two plates. That one came from the sequester list.

John

8/13/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

13OR Aubrey Mountain Airstrip - Oakridge, Oregon - US

y4m4UFoF4yvC6srhc3gh6Bad5LT7akpBkeaGDTX7

3S6 Toketee State - Clearwater, Oregon - US

y4mcTXppRnb27bzZub5ax2rctiF18KZRFG0qJvbo

2S7 Chiloquin State - Chiloquin, Oregon - US

y4m0ywLvwwSLP-M83-15IfjRiNAC2Tr3CVHCGKqF

KLMT Klamath Falls - Klamath Falls, Oregon - US

y4mqCVkFrH3qRvV21ZgHsQBGZ81Z096oP_MwNNsP

y4mz3meNLuFKHnCdTbBXxmEM-LHERTj8X0T2ioJ_

Updated:

2G4 Garrett Co - Oakland, Maryland - US (updated)

y4m0L0XOb2NqH_KcQEzGEFzpbXdDalncRJ-m0r6N

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,163; downloads 2,476; subscribers 14

These five represent the last of the Oregon request list and a routine upgrade, as if you couldn't have figured that out for yourself. The last new one, KLMT at Klamath Falls is a pretty decent airport and was worthy of a second plate for the taxiway labeling.

Tomorrow I'll be back to the routine lists, unless another request list pops up.

John

8/14/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KBMI Central Ill Regl - Bloomington/Normal, Illinois - US

y4m8KldNXu0aqV6nDnwI_wukO9d-39Wje0m_WDCA

y4m3fzsahL5r16_4cVruaygvTUjghb4LN3YkI9YX

EGTF Fairoaks - Fairoaks, UK

y4my3FD1IrZ6KoqOlPDR1fzoxekVPjjR_XGr7SeE

S04 Condon USFS - Condon, Montana - US

y4mhtaJ05g_JHfPPVJLzHNqvsed__YfkmolxBabG

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,166; downloads 2,476; subscribers 15

Here's a standard batch of three, all new.

EGTF, Fairoaks, in the UK, is a request.

KBMI, in Bloomington/Normal IL, was, if memory serves, one of the very few airports included in the Chicago area in the very early Sublogic Flight Simulator for the Commodore 64. I think there were about four geographic areas included, each with a half dozen or so airports, one of which had a single working ILS. Rivers and major bodies of water were blue, everything else was bright green except the airports. I think there may have been some pyramidal, wire-frame hills here and there too.

This one is a two-plater.

S04 is just a grass strip but has three buildings and a couple of published radio frequencies, so made the cut when it popped up on a list today.

Someone asked today what percent of FSX airports I've diagrammed. A quick and dirty calc returns about 6.5%, but that includes a pretty high proportion of the majors - not all by any means but well over 6.5% of those.

John

8/15/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

YLLE Ballera - Ballera, Queensland - Australia

y4mUP2JkYHAZ1L8gR4kfQwvvV7HyMD8UWfKJjS-Z

ETNG Geilenkirchen AB - Geilenkirchen, Germany

y4mGOjxjXduXo6NdVnCEu7rJz4HkH2ghC1OoCTf2

Updated:

KBFM Mobile Downtown - Mobile, Alabama - US (updated)

y4mYYfr8PtONGowvZ8nwXw2ctBjUFDNr0mZaQa7i

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,168; downloads 2,476; subscribers 15

Today is an update day, so Mobile Downtown it is - it was the oldest one in the collection. That was right on the cusp of needing to go to two plates, but I held the line and kept it to one. All the taxiway labels and closed taxiways make it kind of cluttered but I guess it's OK as is.

Not much to say about the others - ETNG is from the military airfields list. All the request lists are exhausted for the moment.

John

8/16/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KPDT Eastern Oreg Regl At Pendleton - Pendleton, Oregon - US

y4mvr6TGah2GG94JTC3ZtPmRxOXMBx_DX2zi32MU

62D Warren - Warren, Ohio - US

y4mM65ERfuZ00TzRlpoZU0aev08k30LoUOJQBr0P

KPHP Philip - Philip, South Dakota - US

y4mUte6SVmwEtyisO5z2oJcZqOnX3PV-KghimoX8

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,171; downloads 2,482; subscribers 15

They're all new ones today and all US. That's just the luck of the draw this time. One (KPDT) came from the sequester list - all of those are US - but the other two came from universal lists and could just as easily have been airports from elsewhere.

I'm going to be out of the loop for a few days again so will not be producing any more airport diagrams until at least Saturday, 8/24.

John

8/23/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KMTC Selfridge ANGB - Mt Clemens, Michigan - US
y4m5q-7CrDfDjV1qMfh-oorrsPQrZqaMMxpuTXAf

y4ma0guMWDHJC86IUgrui9AVC9XiM0xMs0qObWwH

KDTN Shreveport Downtown - Shreveport, Louisiana - US
y4mEIR8LL4dGl5AgPVFZ4oP5_aWsaiig54zo0k7g

y4mHCkWn7ox3uOH_oltfUSdmfxC-a-ANuncuFVGW

Updated:

MBPV Providenciales Intl - Providenciales I, UK (updated)
y4mi2HIFrVOrWmcdAgYMkop8U3PBmh-oTJ4XldSs

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,173; downloads 2,486; subscribers 15

I'm safely back from another vacation, a day earlier than planned and hard at it. Since the last batch had no update included, this one does, MBPV on Providenciales Island. It's technically in the UK, but really lies in the sunny islands SE of the Bahamas.

I have some personal RW experience at KMTC, Selfridge ANGB, in Mount Clemens, Michigan. This is NOT a mixed use facility - it is the home field of the Michigan Air National Guard and is a full-fledged military base with all the attendant security.

One Saturday while she was in high school I had to drive my daughter there for an all-day Civil Air Patrol meeting she was required to attend. Since it was a long way from home I had to amuse myself and wait around all day for her to be released. The base happened to be at a high level of security that day, which we noticed in the morning while checking in to get on base.

To kill time I decided to find a place to watch airplanes, since there were some F-16s and A-10s there. I drove around and finally found a little road away from the buildings, still on the base, with a good view of the runway. I parked there to watch the goings-on. Within about ten minutes a pickup truck arrived with a very suspicious pair of armed APs who wanted to know just who I was and what I thought I was doing there.

I explained as best I could and produced ID but had nothing in the way of passes or any other credentials that authorized me to be on the base. They got busy on the radio and after about a half hour, told me to drive to the building where my daughter was in the meeting, go inside and remain there until it was time for both of us to leave.

--------
Both the new diagrams today, KMTC and KDTN, Shreveport Downtown, went to an extra plate for taxiway labeling so those are zip files.

John

8/24/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

I91 Booneville - Booneville, Indiana - US

y4maTwLhtt69_vZkcbnR3CJJiItG8eQq_zeVFg6H

CYGT Igloolik - Igloolik, Nunavut - Canada

y4mSy6ZS1aC5iU8C6OmOBgENw07L3BDvv-B_7Sr9

LGKM Amigdhaleon AB - Kavala, Greece

y4mfJpUoAhW5XV7qjU4gFnZ5t_0dYStTA5L6pg5_

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,176; downloads 2,486; subscribers 15

These three new ones are all pretty smallish airports. For novelty, have a look at the magnetic variation at CYGT. Better have the GPS turned on if you go up there.

I MAY begin to do three new airports every day and continue to do one update ever other day, so that will be batches of three and four on alternate days. I find it galls me not to have three new ones on the days I do an alternate, so will try to pick up the pace. If I can't maintain it I can always drop back - it's not like I'm actually working for anyone but me.

John

8/25/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KTYR Tyler Pounds Rgnl - Tyler, Texas - US

y4mLjz8P4531IJqW5TvlVT6ihsBvMEii4eSQoT2A

y4mehYvJiEU1cQ4ZQx79nLP3t4TQ6NDn5pNsdebb

3WO Shawano Mun - Shawano, Wisconsin - US

y4mfMvGMGCVuGO2Am37m9fVGH4lkpYBryGALIQL-

MPBO Bocas Del Toro Intl - Bocas Del Toro, Panama

y4m5tiHWYREEZjEh6mCqCYwAAsb6LlG_IzVUAIrY

Updated:

5A6 Winona-Montgomery Co - Winona, Mississippi - US (updated)

y4m8AD3V6g9PO2n3NGMvwmNPlWQhhwBawcFe8Vpq

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,179; downloads 2,486; subscribers 15

Carrying on with the new initiative to do 3 + 1 instead of 2 + 1 on update days, I did manage to do that today. All of these airports are pretty minimal except KTYR. That one came off the sequester airport list and turns out to be a pretty complex place. I needed to go to the second plate to label the taxiways.

MPBO in Panama is the only non-US airport today. It's on an island near the coast. I thought maybe Bocas meant "island" but instead found that it means harbor or river mouth.

John

8/26/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

SADP El Palomar - Buenos Aires, Argentina

y4mJjOmZIjKMdFeHFf0hXCED1ZFn1b7Xh9Xfn38j

KBDR Sikorsky Meml - Bridgeport, Connecticut - US

y4mqQja8rSHqGHTrR76oRItHodiFBZTbJ6WaeaEA

y4mtfU-aoJABOeOruK_xY8TQlVeLJvKM92z4jTbi

94C Gilbert - Rio, Wisconsin - US

y4mF6i3Mxg9jAsQLAJCOEgcBYXtxBIZz-Fb_o9NB

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,182; downloads 2,486; subscribers 15

There's another South American airport in today's batch. This is an Argentine military airfield in Buenos Aires. Like most military fields in FS, it's a little sparse on eye candy.

KBDR in Bridgeport CT is from the sequester list and as most of them have been so far, it's pretty complex. I think that's going to be the norm for those from this list. This one needed a second plate for taxiway labels.

I didn't know there was a Rio WI, and it even has an airport - not much of one but it had a handful of buildings and a tiny parking apron, so it qualifies.

John

8/27/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

LIPO Montichiari - Brescia, Italy

y4mAyeF6rL9HLe4JGTR9Hq7IlJFIMff2G_4vkY4T

SBSV Dep. L. E. Magalhaes Intl - Salvador, Brazil

y4mi2uN4P81z4IlErHwbX4tqsXO22HMFcKhd9y0F

y4mMqvbEpq4sUmKO_hBgH5AOVDzQ3e8BpzqMXDMv

KSWO Stillwater Mun - Stillwater, Oklahoma - US

y4mudQR2kLM1FK529pmDJzMwqI9O7pblQocDdrg3

Updated:

EGNR Hawarden - Hawarden, UK (updated)

y4mWYDx9B-eXooiqF5AtIURmJKHDs0KgEIpULPEe

y4moKL7MU7rBwPwy4JpfIMfi1Bn9gk7FgU0BATGd

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,185; downloads 2,486; subscribers 15

It's an update day, so 3 + 1 today. The name of today's updated airport, EGNR, Hawarden, always makes me think of Harry Potter's alma mater.

All of these airports today are fairly complex and three of the four had custom buildings, so I worked harder than normal to get them out - at least none are major internationals. SBSV and EGNR are two plate diagrams.

John

8/28/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

TN80 Schiff - Cookeville, Tennessee - US

y4mbouQM7YNIuIOsnCnWmVpDTixCwXFCnerwQHuy

L00 Rosamond - Rosamond, California - US

y4mYggw3krDPIV9te7tJF2uXk39LxOGbbhfo632a

LIBV Gioia Del Colle Mil - Gioia Del Colle, Italy

y4mWKP425zVUV3tR6RIdz4FB8ubIOOTbJZ14ZOT9

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,188; downloads 2,486; subscribers 15

Unlike yesterday's selections, all three of these turned out to be pretty simple airports, requiring not too much effort from me. None required multiple plates and only one of them had a custom building and that was only one structure. Some days peanuts, some days shells.

L00, in Rosamond CA, comes very close to making my list of unfortunate ICAO codes. If the zeroes were letter Os, it would. I'm sure my English friends will agree.

LIBV is a military airfield in Italy. Like most military fields in FS it's pretty sparse, just runways and a fuel pump, not even taxiways at this one. After dealing with so many airports I think I've gotten a feel for them and this one would have screamed military to me even without the "Mil" in the airport name or the fact it came from my military airfields list.

LIBV does, however, have the dubious distinction of being the 400th airport in the Europe category, which does not include the UK; those, accounting for another 148 airports, have a category of their own.

John

8/29/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KYKM Yakima Air Term/Mcallister - Yakima, Washington - US

y4mk2ac3BK9PwzTLxgNKjueAklIuoCXOjNh7Cnlk

y4m4RMU5DPhJqRY47CTN325BHwoL8C480bVqi1Fx

CFL2 Mcneill Conoco - Empress, Alberta - Canada

y4m79fy2eZ4nRugzCHaL4CpiKsyb6jTYrlae30sb

KSCK Stockton Metro - Stockton, California - US

y4mOyc3hGIWxdmH7E9W6pNZJQ3JM9IiZMEJAalvY

y4mOd5MSTt1dVzUIg-PHqN6I13S9aWZaKV9YNc1H

Updated:

MDLR Casa De Campo Intl - La Romana, Dominican Republic (updated)

y4mtzcrTBSiQL66JG7sHXKiDAwB0tGd_kTNpSlcf

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,191; downloads 2,486; subscribers 15

This being an update day, MDLR in the Dominican Republic got the treatment. The update process is currently picking away at the airports I first diagrammed in November of 2009.

The new ones today are all interesting in one respect or another. The first, KYKM, Yakima Air Terminal in Washington state, has a couple of oddities in the list of approaches. The list is...

• VORDME R27
  • ILS R27
  • BLOC B R00
  • VOR A R00

The first two are garden variety but the second pair are Circle-to-Land approaches, one a Localizer Back Course. You don't see two CTLs for the same airport every day and BLOCs are not all that common either. I don't think that BLOCs are normally CTL, since you're lined up with a runway by definition during the approach, but not sure of that.

I can't resist commenting on the irony of CFL2. In FSX the airport name contains "Conoco". Looking the airport up on line I also find other more modern versions named with "Petrocan" and "Spectra Energy". The place appears to have something to do with oil. None the less, there's no MS fuel pump there. How can that be?

KSCK in Stockton CA is from the sequester list. It's a nice sized airport which even has three fuel pumps, to more than make up for the missing one in CFL2, above. Stockton is a world leader of sorts, being one of the first large municipalities to declare bankruptcy recently. Not sure how that affects the airport but in good ol' FSX it's doing just fine, thank you, and by the way, the tower is still in operation.

I also note some odd spelling in the Microsoft airport listings - there are two in today's airfields and I think it's a convention within the FSX airport data lists. We have "Mcallister", not the more conventional "McAllister" and "Mcneill" instead of the expected "McNeill". Go figure...

John