New:

CSA2 Lac Agile - Lac Agile, Quebec - Canada

y4mLkO1Zc7E4L08YXZvfvvgzmqG1Jfsoc2T_ltW8

6V5 Bison Mun - Bison, South Dakota - US

y4mrwYa-lsBio8UUgdvyLEljCh-N3Zw99k803j4o

LIRM Grazzanise Mil - Grazzanise, Italy

y4mF4WyM6zJXTYyWKw4jzXNNLO8oioam_p5k0J4-

Updated:

KFFT Capital City - Frankfort, Kentucky - US (updated)

y4mnpQNhW_9MZI4FP3Ek9R3KCvD6EAPclmQvElQx

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,270; downloads 2,491; subscribers 16

Of these, CSA2, in Quebec is the low end on complexity, just a grass runway, a pair of buildings and a couple of MULTICOMM frequencies. The buildings lie inside the airfield flatten, so they count for the inclusion criteria and are shown on the diagram.

The other three are all a little more upscale. The update, KFFT, Frankfort, Kentucky even had a couple of custom buildings. KFFT was the last of the updates from November, 2009.

LIRM is the second Italian military field in as many days. Normally it seems as if the French are the ones who have an air base in every valley, but this week it's the Italians. I scanned ahead in the military airfields list and there are still a great many to go.

Looking ahead at the four lists in current use, all are fairly long. Two of them are huge. The other two have a hundred or more airports each to diagram yet. I'm considering bumping one of them down and substituting a different list to mix things up again, maybe one of the shorter ones, or perhaps just adding a fifth list to the rotation.

For those following the waypoint addition project, I posted an update tonight, adding 99 more waypoints missing from stock FSX, making a total of 481 new waypoints in the file. Download link here...

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2473-added-fsx-waypoints/

[EDIT:] Link no longer valid.  E-mail me if interested.

John

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you'd like to subscribe (free) and have all new and updated airport diagram files e-mailed to you,

contact me at allardjd@earthlink.net with a Subject Line of "Airport Diagram Subscription".

9/24/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KFUL Fullerton Mun - Fullerton, California - US

y4mzbaWv7YnSXLRH2wBPDvnELAbDiSIlo-wwCDNd

TJBQ Rafael Hernandez - Aquadilla, Puerto Rico

y4meyMifN6i7lzBmEArAdO4CH1zvhL-mBURpjLsN

EFVR Varkaus - Varkaus, Finland

y4maViakjxXPXrFs9odW4H0vVPV9vhhmQtV-46Rk

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,273; downloads 2,491; subscribers 16

These are a fairly international bunch again today, with only one in the US, KFUL, Fullerton CA. That one came from the sequester list and is, I think, the first one I've seen with only a single runway. Most from that list up to now have had two.

I had a chuckle at the Runway 24 ILS ID there - it should have been for used for a runway in Paris - IFUL.

The folks at the Finnish airport EFVR were so proud of their single taxiway connecting the lone runway to the tiny ramp they couldn't resist proudly naming it Taxiway A. I guess this is the antithesis of one of my pet peeves, taxiways that ought to be named but aren't.

There are 54 more new waypoints posted at Mutley's Hangar - total 535 - get 'em if you want 'em.

John

If you'd like to subscribe (free) and have all new and updated airport diagram files e-mailed to you,

contact me at allardjd@earthlink.net with a Subject Line of "Airport Diagram Subscription".

9/25/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

ETHR Roth Army - Roth, Germany

y4m4ZF7NpJIIMIR_NyLMpWMZ7CKirQEw6S9eD5d0

KABY Southwest Georgia Regl - Albany, Georgia - US

y4mvzKjKeHPgc-CK55FgbykHlVnDl42y0VAZPmMJ

y4mLAHbHzQmp0jMufC7Yi4xoqB1eL7l8h_e85d5l

11MN Sixberry's Landing - Chisolm, Minnesota - US

y4mgExG1_dys8SoqijSyaBuNdGWW0-C84qx6135r

Updated:

EBLG Liege - Liege, Belgium (updated)

y4mSyZUZoHC40XsQuaLmKFm8IxEaKi9uwOi1Xy3H

y4mL6zomm36pSLd19qbBQhF6wEhLd5A39JuLdh05

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,276; downloads 2,491; subscribers 16

Of these, 11MN, Sixberry's Landing, in Minnesota is probably the most interesting. It is a seaplane base with a pair of crossing runways and not much else. The interesting thing, aside from that, is that the FS map shows three runways. Looking deeper, it shares a lake with another airport and all three water runways, two from 11MN and one from the other airport, cross in the middle, making a near-perfect asterisk in the middle of the water (on the map anyway).

KABY is a two runway regional and is pretty full featured. The approach list includes a Localizer Backcourse approach, which is not something we run into every day.

EBLG, Liege, in Belgium was the update and required two plates. It was originally on one but really needed two with the better detail that's in FSX. I think this was the first of the updates to break into the December 2009 diagrams.

John

9/26/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KEAR Kearney Mun - Kearney, Nebraska - US

y4mRH7GAc83FURIKPNq82qTX4WEC3TbptHYWblzY

KLUF Luke AFB - Glendale, Arizona - US

y4mkmo4Wkn_cWSmPbMaDmEK3dpdHhT7KHCCwRChe

KCOU Columbia Regl - Columbia, Missouri - US

y4msuz8T3bJbi9W1zNtARSg_psmpc55Y6E-qHQ6l

y4mDhAVCVLd8WO67yRUB7xQMmPY7y4d74EL2LA4Q

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,279; downloads 2,491; subscribers 16

All three are US airports today - it's what fell out of the lists. All three are pretty robust, full-featured airports - no grass strips today. KCOU in Columbia, Missouri is a two plate field.

I haven't made a decision yet about adding another list to the rotation. The downside is that I'll cycle through the lists more slowly, selecting an airport from any given list less frequently than now. Retiring a list will take longer.

John

9/27/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KTXK Texarkana Regl-Webb - Texarkana, Arkansas - US

y4ms-bTz7RlEEYpU1NglgfbWhabm5vEDF8bcxayz

79F Teramiranda - Afton, Oklahoma - US

y4mbhYwCZRwglVqNrheVxeL7MV57oxty_9KgrHCS

LTAH Afyon AB - Afyon, Turkey

y4mjbfNY-AZCXdJQaDEoGd_Z8P2VcsYtUTm_r436

Updated:

EDDG Munster/Osnabruck - Munster/Osnabruck, Germany (updated)

y4m9-lsZuBPBkleeOAysTRB2nMWrFMM8_86xdra4

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,282; downloads 2,491; subscribers 16

It's an update day, so EDDG, Munster/Osnabruk got a rework. It has a few custom buildings gracing one edge of a very generous ramp, along with a bunch of other standard buildings.

KTXK in Texarkana AR is not from the sequester list - it came off another list but I found it on the sequester list too. I'm not surprised - it has the look - towered, about the right size and not serving a major city. Even though I normally work from only four lists in rotation, when I diagram an airport I search all the dormant lists and mark off any duplicate entries in those as done too - it keeps all the lists current. Three airports yesterday accounted for nine list items, two for one, three for another, four for a third one.

79F, with an odd name of Teramiranda, is in Afton OK. It's got a single grass runway, but unusually, has a full-length (OK, it's only about a 2,600' runway) parallel taxiway in the dirt next to it. That's not something we see too often in FSX. It must be way out in the boondocks - there are no navaids within the 20 NM criteria for putting them on the plate.

No, that's not a typo - the name of this one is only one letter off from the one above. LTAH, Afyon Air Base in Turkey is, like many of the military fields in FSX, pretty sparse. It shows a paved runway and a tower and a fuel pump - nothing else. One suspects that in the real world there is more, but I guess MS didn't have a high enough security clearance to get the information.

John

9/28/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KSAW Sawyer Intl - Marquette, Michigan - US

y4mDt_Iv8APhhU8AcHhdVwYMnz5uOsa7Md21Abbt

NZAP Taupo - Taupo, New Zealand

y4mpuUldmUHCifiyo4X8jbZu1P-v8s1gC7A43LD_

MMSP Ponciano Arriaga Intl - San Luis Potosi, Mexico

y4mrx8LJOXH-G9qoX44lZktpIxTeBeHmaRZZD4HQ

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,285; downloads 2,491; subscribers 16

KSAW is the former K.I. Sawyer AFB, closed in 1995. The place is huge, with a runway over 12,300' long. There's a tower and an ILS to one end.

NZAP in Taupo, New Zealand is a medium sized field which might be military or mixed use. I'm not sure, but there's a DME on the field, usually a footprint from a military TACAN installation. It has a paved runway and a grass one; it's non-towered, but lighted.

MMSP in San Luis Potosi, Mexico seems to be a good sized airport - two paved runways, one almost 10,000' long and is lighted and towered. I've not heard of the place before but am not much of an expert on that part of the world.

John

9/29/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

SBCG Campo Grande Intl - Campo Grande, Brazil

y4mWKXVrxvooKTe_s60Q3nDkXiQ21Z7_6phA8HSX

KOGD Ogden-Hinckley - Ogden, Utah - US

y4mVR7oGLWZM5URltuZZJzrByJ8SE6C0aujWOWIR

y4mtw2zsSGLAbaDaSrr1OaJ-WMYD9TG0jVel4OLk

90D Pine City Mun - Pine City, Minnesota - US

y4mqXtEOTNXRCeNgkCfkftDX25z0-_sTe9qVijbM

Updated:

KMQI Dare Co Regl - Manteo, North Carolina - US (updated)

y4mIdIs2MWwqNTzTntptet8Objm2cWkgK5S7oZIs

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,288; downloads 2,491; subscribers 16

Three of the four today (including an updated one) are pretty decent airports. The outlier is 90D, Pine City, Minnesota, even though it has the widest runway of any of these four airports at 200 feet. That must take a lot of mowing, although the grass-growing season that far north is probably only about three weeks in August when the skiing is not so good. I'm thinking that snow plowing is more of an expense than mowing in those latitudes.

The other three airports are not remarkable in any way but are good sized places. KOGD surprised me in particular - who expected an airport like that in Ogden, Utah? There was so much going on I had to use a second plate to label the taxiways.

John

9/30/13 Airport Diagrams

New:

KTCC Tucumcari Mun - Tucumcari, New Mexico - US

y4mUXkLc5OHdXHLUe3OczkL1zThUIDc7cVvcn1HV

EHTW Twenthe AB - Enschede, Netherlands

y4moKCg7w2maGEfQjO3skazXw2S8U5QuAEmhOJvj

KGYR Phoenix Goodyear - Goodyear, Arizona - US

y4mqrO_JgPlXqw7uEetXe6mjRPNRlTdmFWe72eKu

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,291; downloads 2,493; subscribers 16

Two dry ones and a wet one today. No, not a water runway - I'm referring to EHTW in the Netherlands. It's showing an elevation of 114 MSL, which is nosebleed heights over in that neck of the woods.

The other two, KTCC and KGYR in Tucumcari NM and Goodyear (Phoenix) AZ are both in the high and dry parts of the US, Phoenix quite a bit higher than Tucumcari. All three are pretty decent airports, though the Dutch air base lacks buildings, except a stock MS control tower that probably doesn't look anything like the real one. KGYR has about four custom buildings, including one that is a T-hangar in a nest of otherwise identical T-hangars, except the custom one has a flat roof and the others are slightly peaked. I'll never understand Microsoft.

John