SCAM: Genuine Simulations A380 *Please Spread*

First off, Please spread the word!

This is to all the people who like getting pay-ware aircraft, can spread this info to other flight-sim enthusiasts, and are subscribers to the Just Flight newsletter.

This is the text that my Just Flight Newsletter reads:

A380 SCAM - BEWARE!

We're sorry to have contacted you about this via out eshot/Newsletter subscriber list, but it appears that the crooks behind Genuine Simulations have sent out an email about their A380 which has very clearly been designed to look very similar to a Just Flight email.

PLEASE BE ASSURED THAT GENUINE SIMULATIONS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH JUST FLIGHT AND THAT THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN A BLATANT SCAM.

We'll do our best to make sure that these criminals desist from passing themselves off as having to do anything with Just Flight, and in the meantime we can only repeat:

AVOID GENUINE SIMULATIONS AND THE A380 THAT THEY APPEAR TO BE SELLING!

Thankfully most of us in the FS community have long been aware of this criminal attempt to defraud FS pilots, but we hope that this mail warns those among you who are unaware of this shameful attempt at theft. (END)

And its on sale for 89.99 Euros. (More than the better PMDG 777)

It also replicates what the just flight newsletter looks like.

I have brought this to your attention because I would not like anyone to waste money on these people.

Thank you FS Community for reading this,

TheeAviationist.

The site is down, but a splash screen says it's hosted by iranserver. Probably a good place to pick up a free copy of the Stuxnet virus as well as getting screwed out of $89, or whatever they are charging for the bogus A380 Whale.

No need to worry about Stuxnet doing any damage to your computer unless you're using Seimens industrial controllers to operate your UF6 enrichment centrifuge cascades. If so, you deserve whatever you get.

I once made a special version of my airport diagram for Tehran with a big red cross-hairs on it but decided against publishing it. I think those who might have a use for it have other means to designate the target airport.

John

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Yep, that'd be about right, along with a dozen or so GBU-24 Paveway IIIs along the length of the runways. They could use the remains of the runways to fill in the potholes on some of their dirt roads.

My favorite anti-runway weapons are both non-US hardware. One is the JP233 Runway Denial System designed for the Panavia Tornado. That system is no longer in service. The other is the French Durandal, which is still in service in a number of countries. It's an insidious thing, designed to make runway repair very, very difficult and time consuming. Both of them, however, required a close-in, low-level attack profile so are/were not extremely attractive options in the face of robust air defense systems. JSOW and JDAM are stand-off weapons and give the attackers a better chance to survive against defended targets and still get the job done. Tomahawks are another option but not the best or most cost effective one.

John